Vikmember
21 posts

Posted:
My goal for this hols is learning to juggle 3 sticks.. i was wondering if anyone had any good theories on this.So far i've come up with throwing the right up forweds followed by the left up backwards allowing them to continue the flow when they hit the other hand.. but this is only using two sticks and it's incredibly unfluent! smileVik

vik... dreaming with 2 stars **

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Can you juggle 3 balls?? I think that would be a first step. Once you know the path of the objects you can move onto clubs/sticks. The spin of the stick is really the only difference (just learning this myself). Also remember that torches designed for juggling fire are usually balanced for a good spin. If you are using regular sticks - you might want to have the spin down pat.Usually when juggling torches they are not spun whilst in the hand after catching and the spin is started again once thrown. To continue the flow I think you would have to do an overhand catch then and underhand catch - starting to get mighty complex unless you are a old-hand at juggling.it would look very cool tho!!! keep trying! smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Go Vik. I found a bit of info on learning to juggle three batons from Twirlmania, but its really only an adaptation of the three ball cascade: https://www.twirlmania.com/TIPSjuggle.htmYou
could try some of the other baton sites. Like Bendy said, learn the three ball and then clubs. I'm just starting to get three cubs into the air, and it's a great feeling. I used to dream of juggling three sticks, but I'll be satisfied with three fire clubs, for the moment. There are some really good juggling animations at this site: https://perso.club-internet.fr/darla/english/index.htmlGood
luck wink

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Vikmember
21 posts

Posted:
why.. thankyou smile juggeling 3 balls yupp no prob, have never used batons but practice it juggling with devil sticks.. ting is i tend to hold them at one end (don't think that would b a great idea with the fire stick!) an easy two stick "cheat juggle" to try is throwing one up (right hand is easiest for me) then pass the left to your right hand and catch the right stick.. for an added challenge you can throw the left stick under your leg. Even throwing just one stick under the leg and catching it with the same hand looks kinda sweet. Feels nice and you can keep it flowing (i mean you don't have to spin it after you catch).. "proper juggle" still working on it (thanks for the help, it could save me having to do a naked lap around the yard if my venture fails!)Vik

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought I might bump this as I was wondering how you were progressing Vik. How goes it?Good, I hope grin

Meh

Vikmember
21 posts

Posted:
It's goin.. well alot better with 2 sticks! I'm using very short sticks like devil sticks to practice the 3 juggle still.Did my first performance last weekend and it was fantastic, we had 3 people using 2 staffs most of the time smileWhat does bump mean? Vik

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bump = the act of boosting a thread towards the top of the pile thus rendering it more accessable to passers-by.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
So what does a BUMP mean again, Cantus?------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I quite liked the description I gave earlier. It's good considering it was just off the top of my head. Didn't even rtead it nowhere or nuffink grin

Meh

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I'm on it.. I look forward to repeated hits to the head this summer as well grinhttps://www.juggling.org/jw/87/1/baton.html------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
good link Knagi smileI've always thought the 'throw one staff, pinwheel pass the other BTB (or OTH) catch the aerial spinning staff in the other hand' move could be adapted to do a 3 staff shower, but I havent had much success...cant seem to get the pinwheel fast enough to get 2 in the air at once.Anyhow - I've jsut got 3 fire clubs, so I intend to work on my juggling more, to suit this end.Josh

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, i guess you missed my very very very subtle humour (thats a great way of saying it wasn't funny at all).I was asking what a bump was while bumping the topic again (hee hee hee). grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm yes. I got it. Thanks. I was simply trying to draw attention to my clever word play so that people could look on in amazement.O dear,I think some of your ego has rubbed off on me.... perhaps I can procure some kind ointment.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

gravitymember
3 posts

Posted:
hello
Im new to this here website but I looked around for people juggling three pois and this was the closest thing I have found

I actually perform three sticks and it is not as hard as it may seem. The trick is to spin the sticks more or less parallel to your arm using your wrist, but perpendicular to your shoulders, out in front and away from your chest. It ends up looking something like a cross between a three torch cascade and two fire batons.The three stick juggle is definetly not as dynamic as say three balls or two staffs but there are some tricks to it that I have discovered such as throwwing on up high and twriling the other two and the third one falls back in with the timing. If you are having trouble learnin. i suggest trying the cascade(regular juggling pattern) with just the two sticks and when you feel like you have a solid flow of throwing and catching then move on to three. Also it helps if the sticks are short as a matter of fact I dont think this style of three stick juggling would work if your sticks are any longer than your arm is

ToXiC_staffmember
14 posts

Posted:
Yo , That sounds like a mad way of juggling three short staffs.. I imagine that it looks alot like club juggling..
I've been practicing a move with two 1.2 meter staffs that has them rotating parallel on each side of my body ,doing a figure 8s . I throw one staff in the air while the other is started into the over the head part of a windmill.. when my throwing arm is free I grab the staff from behind my head, and with my other hand I catch the other staff. and repeat..
I've been wondering if you could extend this for three staffs.. so now I'm learning to juggle.
Ive been wondering about this a while and bigups for all the ideas in this thread...

We live in the land of the long white cloud..
and in the city with the giant cone..
-someone on RDU

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Don't forget the rather ungainly but attainable columns with three long staffs.

You simply throw them up straight, either flat or on a slight angle (I find a slight incline much easier) so they fall down in roughly the same place.

with a bit of practice you can get the three going for a good ozen throws before it all goes to ****...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I use two 1.10 meter staves an i've practiced 3 staff "juggling" a few times. I think the easiest one is the shower (which is really nice on 2 also)(haven't really even tried the other possibilities). I can do 5 throws with 3 staves and catch them all and end the trick without dropping any every now and then. This is going to be a sort of grand finale for my performances but not quite yet. With 3 you have to make really high throws but it looks insane when you get it right..........

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Nekobasu

Point your toes.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ask mr bluecat.

he has done it.

I have seen him..

then again, it was only a two staff jugglerisation of stuff.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yep.

until i migrate properly onto matchsticks i'm gonna stick with three staff contact instead.

but theres loads of stuff out there, i do a few things but theyre definitely not juggling in the purist sense.

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
I've been doing a lot of weird passing I know it's cheating but we got 3 staff mills mess with two people

Viva UGLY STAFF

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I know...i have seen it.

Me and Lolli were doing some reather silly 3 ball two people stuff on teh train coming back from Spitz a week ago.

We got many odd looks.

As usual.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you want to watch that 'balls on trains' thing.

they leap out the doors y'know ubbcrying

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Quote:

With 3 you have to make really high throws but it looks insane when you get it right..........

no you don't.. you just need to make good throws. the better you get them the lower you can throw them.

Point your toes.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
And, the better you get them the higher you can throw them too (high throws are harder than long throws in my opinion...)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

addict
446 posts

Posted:
what do you mean by long throws? you mean when passing the staffs to another person or what? i don't think high throws are that difficult. once again maybe the easiest trick but most appealing to the audience is a 10 meter throw with one staff while you spin the other staff in both hands before taking it to the other and catch the one you threw.

doing the 3 staff shower, i started with maybe 6-7 meter throws but now they're down to 5 meters (just guessing these heights). precise throws and precise rhytm and it starts going well.

we need more staff throwing threads........

Point your toes.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Yes, long means high, and a general rule of juggling is the higher the throw, the more accurate it needs to be to come down where you can catch it again.

Personally, I don't find high throws veyr difficult, UNLESS I'm trying to juggle staffs! Then, being accurate and fast with high throws can very challenging.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?