AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey guys...I came up with this all on my own a little while ago, I just needed to consolidate it a bit more in my mind before I typed it....so far I havent seen anyone pulling this particular move (cept me)Basically; 1)Start in fwd figure-8 in front of your body with the staff in your right hand.2) As the staff leading head comes down and across to your left side lift your leg and let the staff go under your leg.3) do a turn or 1/2 a turn while holding the staff under your lifted left leg (your leg should sort of be 'draped' across the top of your arm.4) AS your following end comes to the front and you feel the need to come out from under your leg, turn your body 180 degrees clockwise thus reversing the direction of the turning of the staff (done obviously while balanced on one foot, while the staff is still under your leg).5) Complete the under leg reverse rotation (unwind) and take it out the way it went in.This is the basic Under the leg non-release staff move as I see it.Obviously as you only use one hand to do the move, you can do it while spinning another staff in teh other hand....try alternating between legs..Of course, rvs is possible, and combos are possible...I'm wondering if double between the legs is possible..I'll try tonight smileFingerspins and wraps and stuff will make this basic move into a whole new section of moves smileAnyhow - thought I'd drop this in there, to keep the staff section kicking on.Josh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
hey!Thats ####ing awsome man, Im gonna get right on that one.And, in thanks I got another double ariel for ya...one of my favriote set 'speed' moves is to have the stick going backwards in front of you, to the left and right of the body and then take it behind you (forwards) without turning and adding the shoulder roll to bring it bact infront. Very usefull as Im shure you know, for glass's underarm pass and comming back through the legs.Anyway, the inportant bit is thoes transitions between bacward infront of you and froward behind. As you bring the staff from behind to the front, instead of crossing over to the other side throw it for 1 revolution. Then, when you catch it take it straght back behind you and repeat.Understand? The point is that this can be done with double staffs either alternatly or at the same time. you may know it but I aint seen it posted yet.I saw a woman called carol do this and have been trying it today, difficult because you cant close your eyes when doing throws (and I always like to shut out everything exept the body when doing difrent things with both hands).anyway, thanks for the trick josh, cest well cool.N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Why can't you shut your eyes when doing throws?Although I've been thinking about my throws lately. With a mind to relating them on here. And I have come to the conclusion that they aren't throws and catches as such. More points when then staff is spinning and I'm not actually touching it.It's all about, at least this is how i'm beginning to see it, the natural flow and movement of the staffs. So I can easily let go of them with one hand and catch them in the other hand as they are exactly where i left them.I've never really had to think about where a staff is going to go if i throw it. I just know it'll be where I put my hand to find it.Does anyone know what I'm on about?Does anyone care?

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I know what you mean Cantus, cept I didnt get the insight from twirling, rather I got it from Juggling..after a while it seems that the balls are moving slower, and you can do more 'funky stuff' with them...I guess thats what juggling 3 must be like to someone who juggles higher numbers...Josh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,tottally cantus but not for learning a trick, the secret of catching is in throwing, but sometimes to find the key you must lOOk wink with juggling you know when you got a trick when you can watch something the otherside of the room and still run it smopoth as water.Really understand about the rythum and unchanging nature of spinning stick. Look out for the doctorine of stick, comming soon.x

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti