Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > a few staff moves for people to play with :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
xaeda
xaeda

Total posts: 129
Posted:hey all :)Just thought since I'm bored and it's raining, I'd post some moves I've been working on lately. When Malcom finishes the vids he filmed, there'll be some more general staff moves on the vids page, but these are a coulple of fun ones :) Feel free to add your variations, or tell me how much I suck cause you've been doing them for years ;)A silly jumpy thing...This one can either look incredibly cool, or incredibly stupid, depending on whether or not you screw it up. It can also result in your staff being bent into a nice crescent shape. So don't screw it up ;) Basically you hold the staff horizontally in front of you with both hands, then you jump over it (legs between hands) without letting go. It looks better if your jump very high, tucking your body up into a ball, and keeping your head up so you're still basically vertical. (that also tends to prevent sudden and unexpected kissing of the ground) ;) Once the staff's behind you, you can either jump back again, or keep spinning.Another jumpy thing...This one would be difficult with fire (but maybe possible), as you have to hold the staff closish to one end. Get the staff spinning horizontally clockwise, bring it down in front of you (still horizontal), transfer your grip to your right hand near the right end, about 3/4 of the way along. Bend over so the staff is close to the ground, then let the long bit of the staff come from in front of you, past your right side, round behind you......now JUMP. (or get thwacked in the back of the leg, your choice). Stand up again and go back to a two handed grip. I haven't tried this with fire yet, it's pretty dodgy, but i'm having fun with it unlit. I'd imagine a lot of martial arts moves could be adapted to something similar. have fun, I'll post some more laterx

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

Delete Topic

GodlovinSponge
Total posts: 125
Posted:Cantus.. lol. Was it a cracking of the skull sound, or just that nice hollow thud sound? heh heh heh.Still thats pretty harsh.. ouch. I have yet to really give myself a good hit in the head. Only place I have hit realy good is my elbow. My head I have just glanced it off of.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

Delete

TheGrynygogg
Total posts: 47
Posted:Due to the lack of room I have, I've done big damage to myself. I was doing a big furious move, the staff bounced of the wheelie-bin and smacked me in the face. It wouldn't have been so bad but I was already bruised where it hit from drunkedly walking into a lamp post the day before. Doh!!If it makes a good noise when you hit it once, then hit it twice.

Just ignore me. Everyone else does.

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:Back on subject please people. I don't want this turning into yet another "hey, look how stupid I am!" thread.Describing potentially lethal staff moves is fine as long as they are a learning aid to others
Non-Https Image Link
------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 31 December 2001).]

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

SickpuPpy
SickpuPpy

Ninja Rockstar!
Total posts: 1100
Posted:Don't do neck wraps with a cigarette in your mouth..... bad mojo.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 31 December 2001).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:I haven't had a cigarette for 2 weeks. Hopefully I wont be spinning with one in my mouth in future....------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Mike
Total posts: 9
Posted:I have been veperimenting fingerspinning 2 devilsticks, then throw one up, and use the other as a handpiece, to spin the thrown one its real cheeky and fun!

Delete

Page: 12