Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > holy gamoly a new board! ;-)

Login/Join to Participate

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
wooh, it's all new and sparkly and just waiting for all us lovely staff kids to make it our own! *bounce* wink hehehe. I think somebody should donate a bottle of champagne for us to spray everywhere. I have no staff moves to add at the moment, dammit ;-) Although I did re-learn how to do a backward walkover today. Not with a staff, that would be too hard right now. My plan is to keep working on acrobatic stuff and have backflips and hopefully maybe back somersaults down by the end of summer....gotta get those old bones of mine working again :-) Would it be a bad thing for me to buy a trampoline with my tax refund money? hmmmmm. Will I ever grow up?x

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dont bother kid. Growing up is for wimps. I plan not to bother for a few years yet.------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I couldn't find any champagne, but here's a bottle of NZ's finest White Cloud...(White Cloud is regularly on special for about $6.00 nz)We just have to drink it out of plastic cups or staright from the bottle, coz the glasses cost more than the wine... winkHey Xaeda, once I'm tipsy enough to not hurt myself, could you show me how to do safe cartwheels, I'm about as flexible as an orthodontic retainer, but sure I could learn them right...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nzFire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men. *Seneca, (4 BC - 65 AD)*

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I think have a half finished pepsi in my fridge, But hell- I figure its better than toasting with water.Cheers. winkN8.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo for the stick men! (and angels, obviously)Incedetally mister moderator *smiles sweetly* can we have the staff posts from the poi move board transferred please? *bink blink* so that [new] peaple can find them?huh huh huh?awww pleeeeeeeseeeee....xxx?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dont mention biros. You confuse the americans.

Meh

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Yeh lets confuse all the Americans.ummm what a tasty looking potato,*Takes a bite from the potato*ummm the potato is sooo tastyFor all you unedjumicated people potayto means potato in english.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Yeh lets confuse all the Americans.ummm what a tasty looking potato,*Takes a bite from the potato*ummm the potato is sooo tastyFor all you unedjumicated people potayto means potato in english.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
***ummm what a tasty looking potato,*Takes a bite from the potato*ummm the potato is sooo tasty***ok uhm... i'm American.. and confused. seriously. huh???

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Tlight is 14. They have a different approach to humour at that age.Tlight is also from London. I think they put something in the water. tongue

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Basically the joke is based on a linguistic difference around the fact that many people in america pronounce tomato differently to how we in Britian pronounce it. There's a line in a song that rhymes our pronounciation of tomato with potarto. Presumably because the songwriter lived next to a shop that sold cheap gin.Another good example of a linguistic difference would be:you say George W Bush - presidentWe'd say George W Bush - care in the community. tongueYou say tomatoI say tamatoI say potatoYou say potartotomato - tomatopotato - potatoLet's call the whole thing off....[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 11 November 2001).]

Meh