• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > holy gamoly a new board! ;-)

Login/Join to Participate

xaeda

xaeda

Total posts: 129
Posted:wooh, it's all new and sparkly and just waiting for all us lovely staff kids to make it our own! *bounce*
Non-Https Image Link
hehehe. I think somebody should donate a bottle of champagne for us to spray everywhere. I have no staff moves to add at the moment, dammit ;-) Although I did re-learn how to do a backward walkover today. Not with a staff, that would be too hard right now. My plan is to keep working on acrobatic stuff and have backflips and hopefully maybe back somersaults down by the end of summer....gotta get those old bones of mine working again :-) Would it be a bad thing for me to buy a trampoline with my tax refund money? hmmmmm. Will I ever grow up?x

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

Delete Topic

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:Dont bother kid. Growing up is for wimps. I plan not to bother for a few years yet.------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Charles
BRONZE Member since Jun 2001

Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer

Total posts: 3989
Posted:I couldn't find any champagne, but here's a bottle of NZ's finest White Cloud...(White Cloud is regularly on special for about $6.00 nz)We just have to drink it out of plastic cups or staright from the bottle, coz the glasses cost more than the wine...
Non-Https Image Link
Hey Xaeda, once I'm tipsy enough to not hurt myself, could you show me how to do safe cartwheels, I'm about as flexible as an orthodontic retainer, but sure I could learn them right...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttp://juggling.co.nzFire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men. *Seneca, (4 BC - 65 AD)*

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

N8

Total posts: 336
Posted:I think have a half finished pepsi in my fridge, But hell- I figure its better than toasting with water.Cheers.
Non-Https Image Link
N8.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:yo for the stick men! (and angels, obviously)Incedetally mister moderator *smiles sweetly* can we have the staff posts from the poi move board transferred please? *bink blink* so that [new] peaple can find them?huh huh huh?awww pleeeeeeeseeeee....xxx?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1<hides in the corner, twirling a biro and grumbling to himself>?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:Dont mention biros. You confuse the americans.

Delete

Tlight

Total posts: 189
Posted:Yeh lets confuse all the Americans.ummm what a tasty looking potato,*Takes a bite from the potato*ummm the potato is sooo tastyFor all you unedjumicated people potayto means potato in english.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Delete

Tlight

Total posts: 189
Posted:Yeh lets confuse all the Americans.ummm what a tasty looking potato,*Takes a bite from the potato*ummm the potato is sooo tastyFor all you unedjumicated people potayto means potato in english.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Delete

rex

rex

Total posts: 263
Posted:***ummm what a tasty looking potato,*Takes a bite from the potato*ummm the potato is sooo tasty***ok uhm... i'm American.. and confused. seriously. huh???

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:Tlight is 14. They have a different approach to humour at that age.Tlight is also from London. I think they put something in the water.
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:Basically the joke is based on a linguistic difference around the fact that many people in america pronounce tomato differently to how we in Britian pronounce it. There's a line in a song that rhymes our pronounciation of tomato with potarto. Presumably because the songwriter lived next to a shop that sold cheap gin.Another good example of a linguistic difference would be:you say George W Bush - presidentWe'd say George W Bush - care in the community.
Non-Https Image Link
You say tomatoI say tamatoI say potatoYou say potartotomato - tomatopotato - potatoLet's call the whole thing off....[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 11 November 2001).]

Delete