Forums > Technical Discussion > instant nuchaku from a staff

Login/Join to Participate

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok, some of you have seen the "achey-breaky" staff featured on a couple of our latest videos. Well, after observing Dio's great creation, I was inspired to develope a staff that instantly transformed into nunchaku. Well, I told Jedi White how, and he went and made some to prove that the concept works. I just made some of my own staff-chucks. It is a short staff with a quick connect airhose fitting in the middle (with the guts stripped out), allowing instant transformation. There is a cable inside the connectors, so when you hit the disconect the staff flys apart and becomes nunchuks.

Anyways I just felt like teasing you all. I will have a video up displaying these beautiful creations, but I am not promising how soon. Definitly within the month....If I can get it done befor I leave the country then I will, but no promises.

We will also have a long staff that transforms into a three section staff. Lookout bender, your going to want to have one of these

Don't worry I will show construction and closeups of the staff at the begining of teh video. These things are so cool, everybody needs some

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

CinderpupSILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
:Jaw drop:

Thanks for postin that! I was thinkin of doing something like this for a while but had no idea how to do it. It had been on all of my friends "Wouldn't it be cool if you could" lists for ages. :Slips into his labcoat, fethches Igor, and dashes to the Lab:

And where I go the flame shall follow. Be warmed by my outward souls flare and may it guide you through darkened paths.

TamimSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Am I the only one whos good at poi but bad at staff?

Your only one drug away from liking techno.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
nope, your not the only one. Lots of people are good at one and not the other.... skill at both comes with practice.... Belive it or not; they are more similar than many people might think.

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hey kids,
How about a three section-

Non-Https Image Link

that breaks down into two oversized chucks?

Non-Https Image Link

Just bragging...
Maximus Ego

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Yes! The airhose coupler. I've been thinking that would be a cool thing to use in fire equipment somehow, but never got around to actually doing anything with it. I'm excited to hear that you did, and that it works.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
there is a slight problem. the spring is so weak that if you accidentaly hold the release it can come apart randomly. I am working on a "safety" for it, it may be another day or two befor i have time to finish it. But, i have the design for the safety, and it will only be a matter of time befor I finish it. this is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
but..what if it becomess self aware? are we ready to play god?!? and what if it acquire a taste for llama flesh? how will we have ponshos then?!?

/hobbles off to hide bolivian clothing...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always