AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
i found the best way to light any fire elemental entertainment tools, with safety of yourself and the audience in mind, is to get citronella candels, or just one, it stays low to the ground and it is easily movable.

safe, reliable, effective!

F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
Blue methanol sterno fuel, you know that stuff that food caterers use, works great when you are outside and a candle will not stay lit!

Power percieved is power achieved.

AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
ACTUALLY, I FOUND CITRONELLA CANDELS THAT ARE LIKE REAL BUG CANDEL, WITH A BAMBOO WIK, THE STICK INTO THE GROUND, AND ARE ABOUT 3' TALL

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Um, can we lay off the caps a bit please Atom? Great idea with the big flambuoys but in my head, when I read caps, I HEAR PEOPLE SHOUTING!!

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I'd be too scared to kick over a candel on my smothering towel or something! Besides, I find that I would have to leave my poi hanging over it for way too long to get them to catch properly, hence my recently purchased mini butane torch...^-^

P*L*U*R

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
When is someone going to make a reliable and effective way to ignite poi by pushing a button on the handles or something of that nature.

AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
if the candel is sticking in the ground, with a large bamboo wik, (creating a large flame), all you need to do it just barely get the flame to touch the poi, and they will ignite, then just move back

Evildmanmember
46 posts

Posted:
For my lighting needs I have a fairly large and hefty 3 wick candle, which is in a metal container which is shaped like a truncated cone. A lot like the no spill coffe mugs you may have seen. This means it is extremely stable, and almost impossible to kick over by accident.

Additionally since the steel mouth of the holder is only about 5 inches across, it is difficult to accidently step in the fire, or accidently drop someing into the candle.

And since there are three lit wicks, I just place whatever prop I am lighting between them, and get I nice even light on my torches in just a second.

It even has a nice handle that makes it easy to pick up and move around if needed.

Only downside to this approach is that when i am done burning, I have to wait for a while for the candle to cool and the wax to harden before I put it away, or I risk spilling molten wax all over the bottom of my fire box. It has happened once already, (my wife/safety is a bit clumsy) but it is still fairly easy to clean up when it cools down.

We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-Stephen F. Roberts