laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Having been dragged down to the beach last weekend, I had no idea that It would be such a laugh. I took my poi and just spent the day messing about. I don't know quite what makes sipnning on the beach such fun, but it sure beats spinning at home! I also learnt loads of new moves. Wahey!

laZy

as laZy as .....

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
sorry this should be in the discussions one should'nt it.
My mistake.
laZy

as laZy as .....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I like spinning on a beach...with no shoes on (thats me with no shoes on, not the beach), spinning fire especially ...feeling the sand squidge between your toes (then realising that sand shouldnt squidge, looking down and realising you stepped bare footed in dog shit...bloody british beaches!)

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
mmm lovley.

as laZy as .....

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Beach spinning is fun
Brighton was brilliant when we went

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

spideymember
46 posts

Posted:
hey, hey! I'm just printing out every lesson description I can lay my paws on... cos I've got TWO WEEKS of spinning on the beach!!!

(assuming there aren't any hurricanes in the Caribbean this time of year... )

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
alice...it was made pants by one reason and one reason alone....

PEBBLES!

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Beach spinning is the best. I'm gonna try and go next weekend too!
laZy

as laZy as .....

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Some of the most fun I've had spinning ever has been on beaches. Preferably empty, sandy beaches for running around on, and at low tide so there's lots of lovely wet sand, and sunset for best light and temperature. CD player set so I can hear the music and the waves. And in New Zealand.

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
Yay! just got my pics developed of me spinning on the beach under the full moon! One of the reasons it's good to spin on the beach is that should you catch fire you're right next to a shedload of ocean to extinguish any naughty flames!

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
oh yeah... beach spinning is the best. this is just about all (literally) of where we do fire in florida. just the beaches. and because of it... i dont know how to spin fire with shoes on!

Wow

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Shibaki, go spin on some kind of pavement. You’ll learn to spin with shoes real fast, or your fit will be in a fine mess.

I’ve never spun at the beach before but it sounds like something that I need to do.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
*narrows eyes* did someone put down pebble beaches! i love living near it! no sand in your pants, no sand in your shoes,you can make a vaugley sturdy standing point and best of all when it all gets too much you can pick em up and spin them accross the waves. im not putting down sandy beaches mind... its just all in the moment.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I have a weekly bonfire I go to where I spin fire. That's the only place I spin fire, save for maybe once every 2 weeks at my own house.

AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
i spin almost every night, if i can, usually after work at 3am-5am, but i go to a festival called " LUCY IN THE SKY, ON THE 4TH OF JULY " and i spin on a pond beach, on top of a mountain in NY. also, i go to maine for 2 weeks every year, and we got a cabin on another pond, and we got a raft about 6' X 6', and i go out there at night, and everyone says that the reflection of the fire poi in the water, with the fire poi on top, is the kewlest they have seen, but i never get to see it because i am doing it, and i am the only one in my family, and friends that can do it, but i now have video footage, so, i guess the point is, it don't matter where poi, just poi!

ps: i do so love the sand tho

F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E
F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E

dancing cometmember
2 posts

Posted:
I fell in love with firedancing on the beach in costa rica
i had the most freedom there
dancing naked, half in the ocean with phosphoresect bacteria on the waves, a full open beach stage and the stars overhead
now that is paradise

now back home in toronto
I spin on the shores at out door music festivals and various beach gatherings
great freedom and that is what it is all about for me!!
try it naked on the beach and you will feel it too

dancing flames through the multiverse

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
where were you in costa rick comet? i have been there several times and the beach at the tip of the southern peninsula would seem IDEAL for this activity.

mmmm .... must go back now!