MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ok, so Ive only spun fire twice. Both times I used home made towel wicks and noticed that fuel sprays all over when I spin. It doesnt just happen for a short time after a dunk either. It keeps going for most of the burn. I wanted to know if this is normal or if it is just due to me using towel. Do kevlar wicks do this? If so, how do yall do buzzsaw moves without getting a face full of fuel?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
spin it out before you light to get rid of the excess fuel, kevlar doesnt keep spitting but towel may be more absorbant. i would recommend getting kevlar just so u dont have to keep remaking ur wicks

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
meenik has a real smart way to spin off (and reclaim) excess fuel. just go to his website and download the hilarious video!

he so smart, i wanna be like 'im

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
My kevlar wicks do it for a short amount of time after a have dunked, but if u want to look really kool what u do is, hold teh staff horizontal to the ground in front of you and spin the staff really fast between your palms, but make sure to throw it up a bit when u do it and u get huge fire balls come off the wicks and u have teh illusion of fire breathing without all the dangerous stuff....

try not to burn your self

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately I dont use staff. Im a poier...No looking kool for me

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
Arh....crap...sorry cheif, maybe just spin them around a bit first to try and get rid of the excess, but if u are planning on continuing then some real kevlar would be a good investment

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Spinning the excess off is a great way to meet people, they usually come right over after you spray them

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
I saw an interesting way to spin off. Take a paint can or coffee can and add a long handle. hold your poi chains in your hand along with the handle with the poi wicks suspended in the bucket. Spin it arround in one big circle and the excess is collected in the bucket which can be poured back in to your dip can or container. I suggest spinning off before you burn for saftey sake. If you don't want to shake off and want to make the burning tracks on the ground, dont be aiming at your fuel dump or a crowd.

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

HOP Newsletter