Forums > Social Chat > Hi everyone, Im new too..(U.K)

Login/Join to Participate

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Hi, Im new too. I just wanted to say a big hello to everyone.I found this site about a week ago and I was so excited!!!.....Its excellent !!I have already got lots of answers to my questions......and I am sure ill be back loads to get help from all you you guys because Im learning.I have just ordered my first practise poi set from this site and I really cant wait for them to arrive, so I can get started.(Flinging my arms about in the clubs, when Im, erm *drunk* ahem.....pretending I have a set of firepoi...Is starting to get slightly embarrassing!! LOL) I first saw some Poi "Fairies" this summer at T in the park in Scotland and I thought...God, thats great, Ive gotta learn how to do that!!So here I am and Id love to hear any advice and pointers on getting started!.........Im gonna be practising alone....but maybe there is someone reading this who would like to meet up to practise? Im in Dunoon,Argyll.Love and happy twirlingAngie x(Eeeek...I sure have rambled on!) ------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
hey angie....im not up in scotland..but i just thought id welkcome u to the site....ull find loads of helpful and friendly..advise from all the people on here... smile*smiles n huggles*goafire

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Welcome! There are many great ideas, lessons, links and discussions here!GoaFire and everyone else in Leeds - I'm up in Leeds on the 27th for a trance/techno club night called 'cabbage' (I think) which a friends assures me I'll enjoy. I'll be bringing along my LED and UV Poi for the club and my triple headed Fire Poi and a staff should it be dry enough outside. Are there any regular meets up in Leeds?Ta,Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board ! smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP - this site is 'the' site for all ya poi-in' needs. Top peeps, threads, lessons, ......If ya ever down in the 'not-so-sunny' Blackpool, feel free to give me a shout. coolM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
im a lone learner too so i have to agree that this sight is a marvel! i had no idea that so many people world wide twirled and spun. i can not wait to get out there and meet some of them as i dont know anyone else around my area yet but hey ive gotta get good before i can show off to anyone. anyway welome and i hope to chat soon ,ellie------------------little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

150 posts

Posted:
Eeeeee!!! Thank you for all your lovely welcomes! I am getting pretty addicted to this site already....Its a mine of Info......Ive hardly got anything done all day!!! *norty norty*Just wanted to say *Casandra, you have really sparked off a great disscussion with the "online personality" thread....Its great to read how differently people view and use the internet..and I must say your English is amazing and I admire your view on life 2!Hi Goafire & Dom! Hope u guys have a wicked night at.. erm "Cabbage"! Wish I could join u! Marlboro...your from my neck of the woods ...I live in Scottie, but Im a Lancashire lass through and through!!Ellie....I so have to agree..I am also amazed at how widespread this thing is!Where abouts are u in Lincolshire...I have family down there ...I was down in the Summer and did my first Tandem parachute jump at Brigg airfield....the biggest rush Ive ever experienced!!!! Amazin!!!Maybe we could meet up ? Im not down until next march (that will have given us a bit of 'practise time' to develop our skills!) he heLove and Happy twirling Angie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
im from a little town called long sutton, near wisbech, know where it is? if you dont, dont worry not many do i would love to meet up as im dying to spin with someone and have some fun. i have always wanted to do a parachute jump,i bet it was amazing. did you need training or can you just go along?im really interested in doing some extreme sports,even though im a scardie cat! have you or anyone else done anything thats a total adreneline rush?i totally agree that casandras topic was one hell of a conversation,you are so lucky to be fluent in another language as it must give you so many great oppurtunitys,well you do get to talk to groovy people like us, what more could you want! winkanyway id really better get back to collage, i musnt spend all day on this darned computer, let me know if theres any dare devels out there man, it would be cool to here what other stuff you lot do ,chat soon, ellie------------------little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

150 posts

Posted:
Ellie..you can just go along and do a jump, you have a five minute brief....then away you go. It is the most exhilerating feeling ever..plumiting 14,500ft head first out of the airaplane into the clouds ... 0-130 miles per hour in 3 seconds..What a buzz. Then as soon as you open your parachute......you slow right down and take in the amazin scenery..its such a sureal contrast..complete craziness to beautiful calmness.....then u hit the gound with an almighty thud, it sure brings you round again!But to anyone whos even the slightest bit interested in doing something a bit crazy... Id say dont hesitate..DO IT!!!you can do it for charity too...which is a great way to do your first jump.Why dont you go along and see them...talk to Baldrick...hes a mate of mine.------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
sounds great! ie it expensive? talking about doing things for charity ive just shaved all my lovely PINK hair off! i did it for greenpeace and it actually looks OK. my hair was getting in pretty ba condition from all the years of abuse and dying. ive now got a bag full of pink hair and i dont know what to do with it. being an art student i wanted to put it into my art but no ideas yet. im definately thinking about a jump though sounds great ill let you know how i get on! cheers Angie , ellie .

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hello, It's great to see all these beginners here people are really getting into the art. I hope we can introduce loads more to the world of POI, well welcome to the site Angie.Have fun------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
it is pretty cool how many people enjoy poi. everyone i have showed poi to has loved it and reckon its great fun! just out of curiosity how did you get into poi?ellie------------------little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
elli where in linconshire??? i am often around granthem area so have to spiin....

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

150 posts

Posted:
ElliYou must have been crazy shavin your hair off!I thought of something you could do with it....you could make some really cool pink hairy poi with it...very individual, he he!!As for the parachute thing....It costs about 200 quid for your first tandem, but if you did it for charity (I think you have to raise a certain amount first) then you can do it 4 nothing. The club at Hibaldstow airfield has a website www.skydiving.co.uk they are called Target Sports.....hope you get something sorted with them....you could earn yourself a new nickname 'Firebird' lol....let me know how u get on. Im gonna be doing one next march, If u wanted to get together for one?catcha later mate Angie xx------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'