Forums > Technical Discussion > Any firebreathers out there?

Login/Join to Participate

Original Pyromember
26 posts

Posted:
Any of use fire breathers or fire eaters cos I wanna meet those kind of people for synchronised fire action. I've tried busking and if u do it right u can earn a serious amount of money, simply cos ure risking serious injury. What an opportunity...!

Take the power back

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Are you ok, Pyro?

You don't seem to be making much sense today? People don't care if firebretahing is dangerous or not, that's a decision for the fireperformer to make.

Maybe it's just been one of those days...sorry if I'm coming across all negative, but this and your last post are starting to worry me.

Take care of yourself, and remember, NO amount of money is worth your health...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
speaking as someone whomm has been there and done it a few times, burnt myself, other ppl, other ppls property, and ended up with toxic poisoning because of it i reackon that if u are going to try it u are a nutter!!!!
cheers
Goose

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
There's an article posted here on HoP called "A Season in Hell" . It is about what you are concidering doing and I recommend HIGHLY that you read it. There is alot of information in it. THere is also a Fire Breathing FAQ here you might want to check out.

As for if there are any, sure. And conciderably less since the amount of accident happening seem to be on the rise.
Do a search and you will find more fire breathers and information on the topic than you can shake a torch at.
Overall I am inclined to agree with Charles in thinking this does not sound like something thoroughly thought through.

Regards

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Yes. i'm do a little too much fire breathing but if you are being a little sarcastic i think i understand your drift. I'm currently living near manchester, what's is your plan?
But (don't take this as condecending please) if you think a bit of fire out the mouth and a lot of pounds in the pocket i would recommend you take a step back and look at what you are proposing.
So, please elaborate.

Tennis

'Save a cow, eat a vegetarian'

My cat's breath smells like catfood

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Probably shouldn't write it here but i guess you see all.Just noticed on your post.

CONGRATULATIONS on being a father Charles, spoil your child rotten.

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
i have to second that cheif....soo at what age are going to teach them to be like their old man, and play with dangerous substances?

A must know for every young child!!!!

cheers to u!

Goose

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
as i do this for a living, i dont get your point?

what a post, cant understand why its not been deleted....

totally the wrong attitude to fire breathing, but far the most common.
in the real world of fire performance, yeah you may earn more breathing, but you live a lot longer not breathing.

be safe....

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Also, why's this in Technical?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Fair enough...moving it to Social...

It hasn't been deleted because I knew you guys would come in and give some helpful advice and stuff that may give him pause for thought....

Hopefully...He doesn't seem to be around much anymore either...and he might be she, so I'll stop babbling and put this in Social....

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?