Kazzmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hey, have any of you guys tryed raving or swinging poi with dog chains? everytime i rave i get the question "can you do that with dog chains?" or "can you set them on fire?". so i finally decided to buy dog chains. they're cool to rave with, but they're heavy and hurt more. you also have to push yourself in order to keep the speed.

Raving...the answer to all prolems. just put on some music, bust out yer glowsticks and rave...raving...*sigh*

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Yea, dog chain rulz. Specially cause iv got TWO dogs, winning .

Easy to clean cause mine are stainless steel, but some other types are better cause they weigh less, so.. faster, there are so many different type's and styles of the link, id love to have them all.

And if punks try to do you in, outside of a rave, you can always chain them

(no, wait Charles... he started it, he said CHAIN)

Its all just smoke and mirrors

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
I played around with a rope like dog leash when I was in Halifax. Rather fun although really long.

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i use dog chains but i had to shorten the chains to make them my size, they get heavy sometimes but i dont have a problem with speed or anything.

Noir_deluxemember
58 posts

Posted:
ha dude, I just went out today and bought dog chains, and they worked perfectly. Ya i did shorten them, but that was simple. And they are a bit heavier, you don't really notice it!

Noir_DDELUX

Kazzmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hey have yo guys tied to bust a thread and needle? it doesnt really hurt, well not for me. i cut myself one time with them; i was weaving and it hit me on the back of my leg. i stinged for a little bit but i kept raving. how bout you guys have you hit yourself with a dog chain?

Raving...the answer to all prolems. just put on some music, bust out yer glowsticks and rave...raving...*sigh*

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
yeah i've hit myself quite a few times with the dog chains and i've gotten bruises from some of them but i'm sure it's similar to most other chains used for poi.

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
Haha, I made my practise poi with dog chains. I'm so used to them now that I get weirded out whenever I try to use something lighter. When I made real poi I kept the dog chains I just had to shorten them. They're good to keep you in shape too ^^

I've hit myself with them on more then one occasion (this was before I lit them) but I've never bruised from them before.

~Cerberus~+Something simple+