Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
I hope this isn't a repost, but I couldn't find anything in the search about it.

At Clapham Common last weekend someone had some cheap Led glowsticks they'd imported from somewhere in America with all manner of pretty flashes. Anyway this made me want want want.

So I got searching on the web and I got some "bubble tri-flash sticks" from www.dancebitz.com.

They don't have as many different modes as the ones I saw, they're just on or off, but they flash really quickly in three colours and look super pretty. Clipped onto the end of my practice poi strings just fine, I can't wait for it to get dark now!

Also I got a pair of flashing two colour pendants, which I'm not sure about yet, I think they might flash too slowly to look any good as poi and some led hand gloves, which I'm sure will look good, but might stop some moves as they're quite big on the back of your hands.

So, anyway, if you're in the UK these bubble sticks are really cheap (£3.50 each inc batteries), no postage. Spare batteries are LR44, 3 per stick, 10 for a fiver from https://www.batteriesplus.co.uk
I don't know how long they last yet though.

Joe

Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
I've played with them a bit now, they look lovely but they probably need some rubber tubing round them or tape to stop them coming apart when they hit each other. I'll go down the pet shop and get some tomorrow.

The gloves look really cool when you wave them around, I haven't had a chance to do poi with them yet because the only room without windows here is pretty small.

Joe