Forums > Social Chat > Anthor Newbie "Hello" Thread

Login/Join to Participate

Gikkwinymember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello! Nice to meet y'all. wink I've been spinning for about a month, however I'm noly using Tennis balls ATM.. *sighs* I know a bunch of people who spin, and I go to this wonderful place called Pennsic every year. I just HAPPEN to hang out wiht the jugglers and fire twilers, and htings. winkhttps://www.geocities.com/ldyaileen/amanda.html------------------"I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend... I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle lke fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend."-Neil Gaiman, Sandman #48

I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend... I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle lke fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend.-Neil Gaiman, Sandman #48

Neuroticmember
12 posts

Posted:
Heya to you, from the other HOP newbie winkMind you, I wish I had thought of using tennis ball poi when I had first started..oh.. the bruises.. the bruises...Neurotic

Gikkwinymember
9 posts

Posted:
I have actually not gotten any bruises so far... it like, oww, this hurts, then it goes away. My dad actually put my tennis balls in a drill press type thing to make perfect holes in my tennis balls, and had a special piece of metal to string them with... The only problem is thta they are white, so the moths think I'm a really, really big one, and keep fluttering around me while I spin.. : [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/rolleyes.gif">:------------------[/image]-Neil Gaiman, Sandman #48

I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend... I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle lke fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend.-Neil Gaiman, Sandman #48

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the site.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
welcome, there is a lot of good people and information on this site so keep your eyes open. shocked

anyone got a light?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Ditto !welcome to both of you !ENJOY !!!shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Hellooo! Don't worry Gikkwiny, once you get hold of some beaming poi you'll discover a whole new world of bruising!Nice quote by the way wink

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
grinWelcome to HoPM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
welcome to the boards and happy postin'--erica____________________"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Its not easy being green....

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
FAB! im not the only new comer. even though ive only just discovered poi and twirling, ive fallen head over heals withit and all the people: you all seem so nice so i look forward to many conversations with you all in the near future and no dought ill be writing for help on the harder tricks.ellie.------------------little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hi all newbies, there is a lot of info on the boards so happy searching and chattin' my poi buddies.Welcome to the land of HOP smile------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Wazirmember
5 posts

Posted:
Well, I still feel like quite the newbie. tonight, though, I'm going to get together with other spinners for the first time! I hope I don't embarrass myself too much! and hopefully I'll pick up a few tricks! I'll post tomorrow and let you know how it went! smile

Wazirmember
5 posts

Posted:
So I did get together with some other spinners last night, and it was SO MUCH FUN!!I learned a lot, and I think I improved a bunch, too. winkI hadn't realized before last night what an aerobic activity poi-spinning is! So this is great! now, I have other ppl I can play with, and I'm sure that will help me improve! weeeeee! spinning poi is FUN!!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
WHAAAAAAAAAASSSSUUUP!"s"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Dougalmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hah, Tennis ballsI lost my original pois a bout 2 months ago! eversince I've been using wire & big fishing weights and some strips of cotton (god they hurt) scary I know but it means i learn not to hit myself! lol!

The world always looks better when ur unconcious! (well i think so, i dont know about ne 1 else!)

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
i think the moths think you're the light. i think your dad is awesome and is really going to get into the making of your fire set. and the moths will learn quickly or experience the most enlighting light of their lives! i think the metal pieces are washerspeas and carrotssara

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!