Forums > Technical Discussion > Misc. Electroglo questions: LEDs, Prices and Choices.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
For 58 dollars + 7.50 shipping I can get myself a single-LED 7" Electroglo Poi set. I was wondering if I purchased more LEDs could I simply add more inside the chamber to produce a brighter glow?

I emailed a retailer asking about them, and this is how he responded with what I could buy:

1. $70Aud - short poi - approx. 4" 1 LED per pair
2. $90Aud - longer poi - approx. 7" 1 LED per pair
3. $140Aud - longer poi - approx. 7" 2 LED per pair

Those prices are actually $45.50, $58.50, and $91.00. I'm wondering if I could simply save the 30-ish dollars by ordering the longer poi with 1 LED, and adding another LED to it. Here's a laundry list of my questions:

*Is it worth it to add another LED? Is the effect that much more vibrant?

*Will adding two different colored LEDs produce a pretty effect, or just one ugly muddled color?

*Will any LED do?

*Would I have to daisy chain the two LEDs somehow?

I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm notoriously cautious before purchasing anything above 50 dollars. I want my poi tools to excel past my abilities so I can grow in to them, I'd be disappointed if I had to spend another 60 dollars to correct a past mistake.

Thanks for the help, feel free to answer any or all of the questions, or just throw in some input.

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to use the finger loops from electroglow poi since I don't use fire... yet.... and it would probably be cheaper and just more satistfiing if I made my own chains. The hardwear store should have everything I need. I think....

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I've seen those before, they look quite well crafted albeit very hard, similar to beaming poi. I like the color selections as well.

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
I ordered a pair of electroglow. I can't wait to get them.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Damn you people that saved 30 dollars! *Shakefist*

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
I just got mine today, they are really fun to spin, so soft when you mess up and hit yourself, not like my little glow sticks that you think could sheer your finger off. Yes I just said the electroglo's are soft when they hit. The strings aren't that bad, kind of short though, I guess they need to be broken in a bit. Since I can't get decent ball chain around here.

I can't wait until it gets dark out.

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Used mine last night, they are really bright. ^_^
How are the tops conected too the electroglo's , do they screw or pull off, or are they glued on? I'd like to be able to take the chains off without doing any damage too them so if I try new chains and don't like them I can easily switch back.

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Damn, so now I'm going to have to find all the parts and use some normal glow sticks to try out some new chains before I can decide if I'm going to cut off the normal string.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Answering a few questions:

1. https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/details.asp?prodid=496&cat=500&path=500

Those fit through the electroglo holes perfectly, not too snug of a fit but snug enough to keep it from flapping around.

2. The ballchain sold at HOP is perfectly weighted for the Electroglo poi. I have ballchain with double finger loops and a quick link, and it works quite well and I can exchange heads in about 10 seconds.

Frostypaw, mind explaining the clear plastic stuff once again? What is it (where to buy, a picture of what it looks like)? How do you insert it and how does it stay?

gwennymember
5 posts

Posted:
these are so cheap! 12 for $2, but its hard to tell what kind of quality they are. and you have to buy $125.00 worth of stuff to order em.

https://www.glowproducts.com/battery/led-7inch.html

A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
But wouldn't any other kind of chain pinch your skin when you tried to do any wraps?

Scarmember
9 posts

Posted:
Any tips on using one of these LED sticks to make a staff?

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
If your talking about the electroglo's then there is an electroglo staff. No idea about thoese other ones though, sorry.

cRYstalWavemember
40 posts
Location: from the fiery heart of the british isles.(that be...

Posted:
Hey, a little cry from the back ground.......... i cant find electro glow anywhere....this site never has them for sale, so where are you all buying them from????.......also , does anyone have, or know anything about the 'Techno trainer' + Led glowsticks from the rave site...(which address i cant remeber sorry!!)????

Cheers...Love x

...........The most inspiring thing that anyone has ever said to me was........Life is nothing without dreams..... or was it life's too short to eat pistachio's????

cRYstalWavemember
40 posts
Location: from the fiery heart of the british isles.(that be...

Posted:
Frosty paw!!!!.... you got a set of those led glowsti=cky type things...what dya reckon ....worth purchasin?????.............
That's the website i was on about as well, where Frosty bought his from....www.technomoves.com.....................

xxxx

...........The most inspiring thing that anyone has ever said to me was........Life is nothing without dreams..... or was it life's too short to eat pistachio's????

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
dont ever buy the streetlights! they break so easy, i broke mine the first day i got them. i even reinforced them with packing tape and they cracked within 1 hour of use. they are a waste!

Power percieved is power achieved.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Crystal: www.juggleart.com

Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
So many glow toys. Anyone ever try rebuilding a street light inside an electroglo?

turtlebirdmember
2 posts

Posted:
Anyone know which color Electroglo Poi glows the brightest? juggleart.com has them in red, blue, green and orange..

(and thanks MilleniuM for the URL about where to get the electroglo -- I've been searching everywhere for them!)

-turtlebird-

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Green and blue are the brightest, followed by red, then orange. I think blue are the best glow in my opinion, soothing and more smooth than the green.

turtlebirdmember
2 posts

Posted:
very cool -- thanks for the quick response! i'm off to order my blue electroglo's - yay!

-turtlebird-

Page: