• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Technical Discussion > Misc. Electroglo questions: LEDs, Prices and Choices.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
MillenniuM
GOLD Member since Jul 2003

MillenniuM

Hyperloops suck

Total posts: 595
Posted:For 58 dollars + 7.50 shipping I can get myself a single-LED 7" Electroglo Poi set. I was wondering if I purchased more LEDs could I simply add more inside the chamber to produce a brighter glow?

I emailed a retailer asking about them, and this is how he responded with what I could buy:

1. $70Aud - short poi - approx. 4" 1 LED per pair
2. $90Aud - longer poi - approx. 7" 1 LED per pair
3. $140Aud - longer poi - approx. 7" 2 LED per pair

Those prices are actually $45.50, $58.50, and $91.00. I'm wondering if I could simply save the 30-ish dollars by ordering the longer poi with 1 LED, and adding another LED to it. Here's a laundry list of my questions:

*Is it worth it to add another LED? Is the effect that much more vibrant?

*Will adding two different colored LEDs produce a pretty effect, or just one ugly muddled color?

*Will any LED do?

*Would I have to daisy chain the two LEDs somehow?

I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm notoriously cautious before purchasing anything above 50 dollars. I want my poi tools to excel past my abilities so I can grow in to them, I'd be disappointed if I had to spend another 60 dollars to correct a past mistake.

Thanks for the help, feel free to answer any or all of the questions, or just throw in some input.

Delete Topic

turtlebird

Total posts: 2
Posted:Anyone know which color Electroglo Poi glows the brightest? juggleart.com has them in red, blue, green and orange..

(and thanks MilleniuM for the URL about where to get the electroglo -- I've been searching everywhere for them!)

-turtlebird-

Delete

MillenniuM
GOLD Member since Jul 2003

MillenniuM

Hyperloops suck

Total posts: 595
Posted:Green and blue are the brightest, followed by red, then orange. I think blue are the best glow in my opinion, soothing and more smooth than the green.

Delete

turtlebird

Total posts: 2
Posted:very cool -- thanks for the quick response! i'm off to order my blue electroglo's - yay!

-turtlebird-

Delete

Page: 123