Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
I've only been doing poi for a month or so, and i got the beginner ones from HOP's shop as my first set. Thing is, I'm not sure if they're too light. Maybe I should weight them down or sumthin?

Also, when I try for certain moves that I know I can do the slightest breeze gets me all tangled up.

Is this just me or are my tails too long?

I want to make myself some simple tennis ball ones, any suggestions on how to do this?

so many questions!

cheers guys

Nimska

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
What I did for tennis balls was just take a sharp knife and drill 2 holes about an inch apart into the balls. Then thread a key ring through the holes. You can also cut a slot into the bottom to add change as to make them heavier.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

randomnumbers982136423529857BRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
maybe lighter is ok if your learning, because it hurts less.... up to u though.

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you.

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
cheers people.
I'll do the keyring thing today ...as soon as I find those tennis balls in the pigstye I call my house...

what about the tail thing? Is that just me not getting my swing quite right d'ja think?

Nimska

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Your tails may be screwing you up. Ive never used poi with tails so I cant really say from experience but you might want to remove them (if possible) until you get better control.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
The tails may be 'screwing you up', but they will force you to get the planes right.

Sure, maybe tie up the tails when learning a new move, but set them free when you are practicing the move as it will force you to get the planes and the timing right...... IMHO

So much fire, so little body hair...