Forums > Technical Discussion > Club Swinging Bibliography, Scan book?

Login/Join to Participate

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
Being a newbie I don't know how much you guys are interested in Club Swinging. I swung clubs for a
few years before picking up a pole and found I could apply just about every move I new. Now I use sword and again club swinging and pole spinning inform that. When I use Poi I still think club swinging... I love to try to use swinging moves when jugging 3 clubs (double to same hand to make the time).

I just updated Anna's Club Swinging Bibliography in case anyone is interested:

https://www.semlyen.net/cosmosjugglers/lib/bibcs.htm

Anna says that if a few of you are interested she is happy for me to scan her book to PDFs and put them up on the site. Been meaning to do it for years as there are no plans for any future reprints. Please reply to this post if you would be interested in downloading a copy (or at least a few chapters if my finger gets tired pressing the scanner button)

jugJimcos

(hope this was the correct forum for this?)

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,

yes please, I'd love to download a copy

Stone - if you read this - maybe the link above should go somewhere on the club swinging thread......

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
yesyesyesyesyeysyesyeysystaty (i got a little excited at the end there...)

That would be soooo good

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi jugjimcos, welcome to HOP It's great to have another Club Swinger on board.

There is a Club Swinging thread in the Other Toys section of this site. Check it out. Ade there is a link to Anna's site in the first post of the thread.

It would be fantastic to see a copy of Anna's book. I would have purchased the book ages ago, but it has been out of print. Does an updated bibliography mean that perhaps there is a re-print coming out soon?

I enjoy reading Anna's bibliography, but I noticed that you still include The Art of Club Swinging Video, featuring Dr. Ed Thomas. A few people have mentioned that this video was withdrawn from sale, so I was wondering if the video has been re-released or we were mis-informed.

Anyhow, good to see another Club Swinger and looking forward to some posts in the Club/torch Swinging thread.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
Thanks Stone, Ade & Rozi.

I should have spotted the Club Swinging in the
other forum. Lets close this discussion here and I'll repost it in the Other Toys.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
this is one of the most generous offers i have heard in a long time.

any part of the book that anna and yourself are happy to share i'm sure would be greatly appreciated.
i have heard many good things about the book and i for one would love to have even just the first few chapters (and any chapters with snakes pleeeeeeeeeese ).

thanks again for this wonderful offer

edit: i'm sure one of the mods will move your post for you if you ask them - will save you reposting.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
That'd be fantastic, me thinks

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Wow - that sure is a generous offer. Id love that. Like Stone, I've wanted a copy for ages, and even tried to track it down 2nd hand..I just dont think people are letting go of their copies

Josh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Yes yes yes, we want to get out grubby hands on a copy please.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
'Modern Club Swinging and Pole Spinning' by Anna Jillings

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Thanks for this, I just ordered a pair of clubs...we'll see if i stick with it smile

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!