Forums > Technical Discussion > Poi chains: need something new

Login/Join to Participate

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Ok so I'm gettin all into air wraps and stuff, and I absolutly love ball chain for them, but I have this terrible tendancy to snap them... three in the last week actually. So what else can I use that'll wrap well, and air wraps won't go all wonky on me? I tried chain, but that didn't work out well...

Cable? Some kinda uber-small, uber-strong chain? Bungi cords? I'm running outa ideas... hehe

Josphinmember
18 posts

Posted:
don't get cable, they suck ass for wraps, just go down to you local hardware store type place and ask to see their(or just go and find) thier chains, and there should be a varity of smaller linked chains that would be good to use.

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
You have broken ball chain? You abuse your poi my friend.. hehe I have been spinning with ball chain as long as I have ever been spinning, and I have never broken it.. maybe it's where you buy it. Try going into a hardware store and getting some ball chain, either #13 thickness or #15.. maybe even some dog chain..

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Air wraps are killer on them. The amount of torque I put on the wrap point (usually between two of the ball-links) when I'm trying to do FAST spinning just snaps them. And hey, I've heard of people breaking real CHAIN doing simple arm wraps, so anything's possible. I don't feel safe using ball chain now, afraid I'm gonna toss off a wick into the audience when doing air wraps.

Small link chain works huh? I'll have to try some.