JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
i love kero because it is cheap easy to find and does not burn a hot flame, BUT it smells like
S#!T !

even if i change shirts i still smell so if i want any action after the performance there is no chance without a shower.

is there any fuel that is easy to find but doesnt smell as bad (and if its cheap hey thats great! )

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Xtremely Flameablemember
95 posts

Posted:
There is Low-Odour Kerosine. Or you can use solvex both are good for fire perfromances.

Peace out

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
have to agree with you there xtrem...Low-odour kero...im sure you can buy that at shopping centers as well...

Mozy

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
or.. you could just accept the fact that you are a fire spinner and will smell of kero/ parrafin..

Just be thankful that you haven't chosen meths as your prefurred fuel.. coz I usuall reek of the stuff.. even Durbs called me stinky after our last job

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
what about colmans camping lampfluid, or just like a lighter fluid? does that smell or is it just to flamible?

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if the girlies won't love you for the smell, then let them love you for your straight teeth.

if you use colemans lamp fluid, be sure to ask him first!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Well, Coleman's works great, but requires a lot more safety then kero. Actually, this weekend was MY first time spinning with Kero (Knagi was kind of iffy about Colemans with so many... inebriated people around), and I must say I only like using it in shows where Coleman's isn't an option. Lot less soot, far weaker smell, and when I blow my nose the next day I don't get black, visual reminders of last night's spin.

Things to keep in mind: Coleman's lights right up, very flamable. Talk about tempermental fuel. It will transfer to clothes, spinnoff may stay lit for several seconds (Be careful around your fuel dump!!) but it burns up quite fast. Also, it burns hotter than kero... may make wraps a bit painful on bare skin if you slow down too much.

In short: Coleman's great, but it requires a lot more safety precautions. Someone who's been doin this for a while shouldn't have a problem, but its always the unexpected factor X that get's you (Like the drunk guy who thinks it would be fun to kick over your fuel can or something). When around other people, be a safety nazi... though I guess that's good advice no matter what fuel your using when you do the crazy things we do.