unclebulgariamember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Just had a bad experience with some glow poi I got the other day ... 5 mins it took for the first one to crack so about the same length of time as it took the replacement to follow suit

Here's a pretty bad picture from my phone:
Broken poi

I was a bit peeved, I can tell ya.

Anyone else had similar problems? They came from Henrys, a juggling gear-type place. Incidentally, I'm getting a refund so I don't mind too much.

Link to the item

The bit that broke is the transparent plastic tube on the outside. The first time, the poi collided over my head and the end shattered, but this morning (yeah, I've seen a morning!) it sheared in half (see pic). Weird way for it to break.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Wow.. well done.

I've never broken the tube. That must have been messy. I've certainly broke the rings off the end. Then you get to play the "sweet talk the guy doing liquid into switching glowsticks cuz you need the hooks to spin" game.

I've never even seen that happen.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
hmmm, Henrys make REALLY good juggling stuff usually.

But that poi set looks bizarre. Is that a big leather handle like on awhip or something? Looks a bit unwieldy to me...

---HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
I'll 2nd that, Henry's stuff rocks, I bought my first diabolo from them and I haven't found a better one since.

They do look a bit odd, do a see an absence of a pivot?

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
I think you're mistaken NYC. Those are just little cylinders to contain the glowsticks.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I am mistaken indeed.

I've never seen those.

My Bad.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

unclebulgariamember
2 posts

Posted:
Yeah the big plastic thingies are the cylinders to hold the glowsticks.

There's a swivel at the handles, you can just about see it in the picture. There's a tiny bit of metal, the swivelling bit attaches to the clip.

The handles are one large strip of cloth. It's just one big loop, though from what I saw it looked and felt like it would be pretty easy to sew into two if that's your bag (I prefer two).

Of course, the markup from the Henrys website was about 200% so I'm not keen on getting anything from that store soon!

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
Did u actually have glowsticks in them? They are just a funky stick container aren't they? Although that website calls them 'snaplights'...

--Luke