Forums > Social Chat > I need help getting started

Login/Join to Participate

poiyortmember
2 posts

Posted:
Any of you poi twirlers out there. Help i need help getting started. See in the us there is not alot of poi. So i was thinkning maybe i could get started a national craze so I need help getting started. so can you help me get started. Bye

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
The learning moves and vids on this site are really good - check them out. Once you understand what you need to do the only thing to do is practice, practice, practice. If there is someone around who can show you what to do that's great - but you still have to master the moves on your ownHave funKat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Kat's right...and once you get the moves on the site down, get creative and make some up, as well as practicing some more.SO you know, there are lots of us on the site here in the U.S. though I am finding that most are somewhere on the West Coast or in Coastal New England, leaving those of us who are more inland stranded!!!! winkSwing on and welcome!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK