ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
You know how people roll the staff quickly between two palms to make a fireball when they start? I saw this to the nth degree last night. This guy wrapped a piece of rope about a meter long around the center of his staff tightly. He then threw the staff and pulled the rope at the same time (same principal as starting a lawn mower). The result was spectacular to say the least. It created two huge plumes of flame about 3 metres tall. He then caught the staff and started spinning. Mind you his burn only lasted about a minute as most the fuel was spun off in his initial throw.

I am not sure about the safety or practicality of such a move (we have a large area) but it did look spectacular. Will try to get photos of it soon.

Does anyone have other methods for making spectacular plumes/fireballs?

So much fire, so little body hair...

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
mmmm, like it Zoltar, would love to see some pics.

Would be a cracking start to whiplash some doubles and catch em

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
hey zoltar, was mucking round with my mate's three peice staff the other day, one of those fancy inner-core ones. i was just using the two ends as clubs, with the little nobibly bits on, and the burn off on those little puppies was amazing, throwing them straight, with the wick at the top sorta keeps the fire ball alight, if u get what i mean, it makes a really long verticle trail/column of a fire-ball, very effective, and the best bit is that u get TWO shots at it with each burn. also because u throw them straigh up, them come straight back down and there is no messyness with the catching, the nob comes straight into your hand if u just hold it there.
Phill

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey what a cool idea! (the fire torch & the rope idea) more fire gets my vote!
there are a LOT of centimetres in 3m!!!
hey Zoltar! how did youre fire performance go?
hey battered rat, you know people with innercore staffs? they sound cool! ooh can i touch them?
heh heh

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
well if u came to one of the sunday sessions that flynt organises you would be able to cause my mate usually comes down, and if he goes anywhere with us to twirl he aaaaaaaallllllways brings his two staff's and electroglos. so come down tonight and say crappy birthday to jesper and have a play around with the innercore.

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Bender, if you were refering to the one at the warehouse party last week.... it went well. Flynt, jespa, and another guy did most the spinning but I did join them for a few hours of spinning - > scratch here
If you are refering to the indoor show.... not till end of April.

I might even be able to make next Sunday's meet - yay

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Of course you can touch me, only on the arms though... nothing kinky...

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
So nice to see that i'm remembered........

Another guy (Phill)

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Sorry mate....

I remembered your real name.... just didn't know your name on HOP.... please accept my humble appologies.

Look forward to catching up next Sunday

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
hahaha
another guy....
hahaha well done phill...
hey Zoltar...
another guy's got your led unit...
so yeah... you'll get it back when you get your arse down here...
anyway back to the topic at hand...
check out alans website... there are pictures i took of his burn offs.. and they are quite big to say the least...
and the clubs do give off bigger ones...
very snazzy....

Cheers

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Jespa & Another Guy,
I gonna haul my arse down there this Sunday to play with you people..... lookin forward to it

Nice pics on Ayellayen's site too

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
humble appologies accepted humbly

128 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Zoltar:
Nice pics on Ayellayen's site too
Cheers mate, we'll get some of you and everyone else down there as well this week.

**edit**

Here's my giantest fireball

Non-Https Image Link

[ 10. April 2003, 16:41: Message edited by: Ayellayen ]

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Impressive flame

But the one the guy did with the rope was about 2-3 times bigger than that..... no shit. Not trying to detract from your flames, but I had never seen anything(flame wise) quite so impressive. He didn't come to our meet on Tuesday so I couldnt get ya any pics yet...... but they are coming.

128 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that one I did was when I was trying a new technique. Instead of putting it in both hands and unleashing it spinning, I held it in my right hand where my palm meets my fingers, and then did the same thing with only one hand. It leaves less room for the staff to go sideways and your other hand can smack it back down, or just continue with your routine.