ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Can someone recommend which video is best to buy for intermediate moves to advanced. Thanx

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
download messy/morning coffie and rubbish from poi moves section, multi advanced moves + ramdom sillyness, and its free!

(col3 has some nice contact staff, for about 30 secs)

N?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
you can download our videos too, they are free.

https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/divxencoded.html

good mixture of advanced technical spinning, dance and goofing off.

col2 is very good also, it has the best music in my humble opinion, and the spinning is generaly pretty good (and you get to see sage and jedi white and bender )

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
sorry about thread hijacking

still sulking that you've practically wordforword a steve from te POOKa quote, used by nix for a signature for monthsandmonths with reference....

i quote

"burns heal and chicks dig scars..." steve may 2001

give me proof of earlier usage and i will retract..

and anyway, no self reespecting american would say that, only some mad aussie...

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever" Keanu Reeves, "The Replacements" 2000.

Perhaps you should get one fact before making an accusation.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I_AM_totaly nucking futs. Were talking down under level loco, man. Absolutely fricken crazy, why else would I touch my bare skin with fire poi? Or hang out with you guys (and gurlz) ?

I didn't know anybody else used it for a signature, but I liked it when I heard it, it fits me well because I totaly like to show off my scars to people (even though I don't like the "getting the scars" part, or get them on purpose). I saw "The Replacements", and couldn't help but commit that quote to memory.

It's up there with...

"there are very few problems that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives"

"happiness is a warm barrel"

"Oooooh, he PAYS the priiiice! That's gotta hurt!"

"It's time to kick @ss and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum"

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure he didn't use the work "lasts" in that sentence....I could be wrong though.

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
actually, nyc, surprised as you may be by my attendance on this board, that quote originated as follows:

"pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory is forever" is the complete quote, originating from the brain of one matt hoffman, the guy that dominated the X-games in the vert competition for years (bmx bikes).

that was on mtv sports or something i saw way way back in the day, long before "the replacements".

and to put this thread at least somewhat back on topic, be on the lookout for a video that i am gonna start putting together tonight, hopefully i can release/post it some time this weekend.

peax

skunk

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Props to the Condor.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hehe(laughs at NYC) (*in a nice way, not evilly(had to edit cause realised that sounded even worse htan i meant it....hehe )

was not an accusation....please look for use of for implied cheekiness.....

I hereby fully retract and admit folishness and suilly unknowingness... ignorance being bliss after all..

have just finished a new video, all older footage but none shown here before, even some tasty manouvres(sp) i can no longer do due to cold wintry things... but back in training... anyway back to the point, it is mostly staff stuff, a few poiey moments but i fear its got a bit too arty....

anyway it will be up in a week or so i hope, unfortunately i cannot upload it till it has transferred back to dv and accross to another computer so it may be a short while before yuo get it....

anyway it'll be a nice way to keep you all in suspense

Love
R

[ 14. March 2003, 08:43: Message edited by: bluecat ]

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i agree with le skunk, remembers the days of the condor, think the quote goes as far back as 97???
nolonger have my old ride mags....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Points at Skunk and PK:

You guys need to meet.

NYC
International Poi Diplomat

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Did a quick search and that must be the most misquoted, misattributed quote ever.

Matt Hoffman's quote seems to be: "Bones Heal, Pain is temporary, Chicks Dig Scars, Glory is forever..."

But it's been ripped off so many times it's tough to tell who started it. All else fails you can always buy Steve the T-Shirt.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I have to wait a week for blue cat video

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey look Santanatwo went back to the topic.

Plus, note should be made of the fact that this thread went astonishingly wa-ay off topic and I didn't even slightly have a paw in it

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Nice initial sulk by Mineiro though. Extra points for not checking your facts first (done it a 1000 times myself)

We'll make a fraggle of you yet!

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
more than just technical merit, there has to be something said about just how darn excited i get when i see a COL video (any!)
show me a person who does not improve with enthusiasm and i will show you 'Bernie' from 'weekend at bernies'

I'd like to point out that this thread makes mention of watching sage twirl.
/flees

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

HOP Newsletter