Forums > Technical Discussion > Idea for practice wicks/covering fire wicks.

Login/Join to Participate

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
What's the typical fire staff made out of? Pipe. Only makes sense that pipe INSULATION would cover it. I didn't test this out yet but I figure if you put a few holes in a length of insulation and thread a shoelace or whatnot through the holes you could tie it around a wick. Cheap, easily replaceable if lost, can also work for tube core poi wicks.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
You could put it the whole length of a staff (besides the middle grip area).

I think it's biggest advantage would be avoiding wick destruction rather then avoidind self-destruction of the individual spinning.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
works well with a bit of glue, that wrap tape round the insulation to secure and decorate

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Glue kind of defeats the point. It's supposed to be something you slip on and off.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
how about dipping the ends in latex? if you mix poster paints in with the atex you get pretty colors

but lollie makes the best fluffy wick covers. just take her so bloody long to get them too ya, would have to be a southerner. [oh and their pink too ]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
PK are you spinning poi with her fuzzy covers on in that video where your spinning on the street infront of a graffitied wall in daylight?

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
I believe that's just daytime with his aerotech cheater clubs. Correct me if I'm wrong.