Forums > Technical Discussion > fire-chains.com & fire-staff.com free forwarding

Login/Join to Participate

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
A few weeks ago I was bored with a whois client and decided to see what fire related domain names i could register. I quickly found that most of the good ones had already been taken, virtually all of which by malcolm! I finally decided upon and registered

fire-chains.com
fire-staff.com

I initially registered them just so i could have them, and think fo a useful use at a later date. But to be honest there's not really much point in creating another poi/staff site in my mind when this one already exists, I don't have the time or effort to make mine nearly as good as this.

Then i did something which doesn't happen very often in my little brain, i had an idea. I've set the domains up now so that anyone who wants a subdomain to point to their site can have it setup for free, with no annoying banners or stuff like that. Ie, if your wanted your site, with a homepage of

www.geocities.com/someurl/someotherurl/username/poi.html

to have the homepage address of:

mysite.fire-chains.com or mysite.fire-staff.com

then you can post here (or pvt me if you get no response) and i'll set it up for you. The only rules being:

a) One per person
b) The site you link to must be your own
c) The site or url may not contain adult, illegal (in the UK), racist, sexist etc material
d) The site's primary function may not be selling stuff, if it is you can afford your own domain name!
e) No more than 10,000 visitors per month
f) Rules are subject to change and no warrantee of any kind are given (ie i won't pay you compensation if my server goes offline for the day)

Ideally i'd love to be in a position where i can offer you all free hosting/mail forwarding, but I simply can't afford the bandwidth for that. Therefore if you want to setup a site you'll still hafta host it elsewhere and have one of my subdomains linking to it.

I hope that this post doesn't constitute advertising, if it does then i must be a pretty lousy bussinessman as I stand to loose (although not much) not make money from it

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
You are such a sweetheart. Shame I don't have plans on creating a site in the near future. But that is a really kind idea

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*Bump*

The offer's still open to takers