Blindmember
13 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know how to make devilsticks u can set on fire if so please reply because they are awesome and i want to show off with them on fire

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
A simple set is just a 650mm lenght of 15mm OD aluminium tube with a wall thickness of 1.44mm. Attach about two thirds the amount of kevlar wick to each end that would be on a normal staff.
Do not worry about grip material on the devilstick itself.
The grip should be on the hand sticks. A soft silicon tube is good (just the right size to roll over half inch Alloy Tube). Hand grips can be tennis of hockey grip or something similar.

A more flashy double taper set is more difficult to make and requires a wood lathe.

I hope this helps.

For those of you who dig Quotes: be true, be real, be a cool cat and your fire shall burn bright through all of your experiences in life and in death

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
An old inner tube cut into 3cm widths and wound around the sticks also works well.

If you glue it down in a spiral, with a mix of rubber cement and PVA (craft glue) the PVA will harden with the heat and it won't come off...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
you dirty cheap skate buy an AJA fire devil stick or a Henry's fire Devil Stick they are amazing and don't get you burned because of thier gratuitious use of aluminum tape. They are quite expensive and i don't really mean the dirty cheap skate remark i fully understand the financial situation i saved for monhs for mine. Also building stuff is so rewarding. But if you are serious about doing fire devil stick i'd seriously sugggest buying a proper one as its so hard to make the balance you need for complex tricks or even simple ones like propellor.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
dudue- Mr babache makes a killer set of fire devil sticks and they are only $28 for the set. (www.seriousjuggling.com). I owna pair myself & they are the shiznit!

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

Borislavnewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Does anybody know how much the central stick should weigh?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Charles

An old inner tube cut into 3cm widths and wound around the sticks also works well.

If you glue it down in a spiral, with a mix of rubber cement and PVA (craft glue) the PVA will harden with the heat and it won't come off...

If I were you, I wouldn't use an inner tube. They're made of rubber, and rubber and fire don't really mixwell, even if it is covered in PVA glue. Especially on a devilstick that's gonna be a lot shorter than your average staff, the flames will be much closer together, and often end up running along the stick. smile

Written by: Borislav

Does anybody know how much the central stick should weigh?

That is adown to personal preference. I prefer a heavier stick. the heaviest I would go to is 400gms, that's including your wicks. Most Fire devilsticks are 300gms including wicks.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.