rizomember
3 posts

Posted:
i am preparing to do a fire poi show but i need sum ideas of what music to use???? im thinkin drum music but can anyone recommeend any drum music or anything else????

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hrmmm... this topic has been discussed a whole bunch before. Not to say that the current people can't add to it, but if you're really looking, do a search for some of the older music threads as well and you'll get some ideas from posters of years ago...

People have a wide range of music that they spin to... especially fire (glow spinners tend to stick with our electronic music)...

I think that this thread is relevantand important even though it has been discussed... sorry that I don't have any new ideas for you. I'm sure that some of the others will have ideas for you.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
thanks NYC

score: 7.9

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm, taiko's nice if you're lookin for drums. Nice drops for fire breathing too.

It depends on what kind of performance you want to do, what you have planned, if any people are helping you out, what kind of atmosphere you want, if you're trying to tell a story, what kind of club/event you're at, how far the african swallow flies on a windy day, what kind of crowd even, etc etc..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
There's actually a decent drum track on the "Run Lola Run" soundtrack... lots of breaks and such. Strange because the rest of the album is hard driving techno.

Flash can stop me if I'm wrong but you may want to start a new thread in the social section titled "Drum Music"... You'll get more responces and I don't think that recorded drum music has been discussed before. Most of the time music conversations degrade into techno. Be sure to explain that you're only looking for drumming otherwise it's going to degrade into all of the happy hardcore fans telling us all how much better their genre of music is than all others.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
haha...sad thing is thats compleatly true...well said NYC

[ 09. January 2003, 13:25: Message edited by: theblackunicorn ]

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

orkossmember
28 posts

Posted:
ey, if you have the kazaa, you can type 'african drums' in your search, and you'll get some really cool songs to download

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
(ps Drum music = Ralph Myerz and the JAck Herren Band. Amazing live drumming over electro stuff and vintage samples and the like. Also amazing live.)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau