Forums > Technical Discussion > Neon Tribal Dance Paint Warning!

Login/Join to Participate

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, this is kind of funny. For NYE, I used some Neon Tribal Dance Paint. Only problem was...no blacklights at the party.

Anyways, I just turned on the blacklight in my room (four days later, mind you) and the paint is STILL ON ME. I've bathed, spent hours in the pool, washed, scrubbed...it's still there. Faded, but there.

Just warning everyone. It doesn't come off very easily.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sorry Mike, it is just a very funny mental image.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Dude! You had neon dance paint!!! I wanted to try some of it!! And you knew I had a blacklight here heh. Bad mike! lol

Anyhoo, same thing happens with the blacklight pen that Malcolm sells. It's nifty stuff, but nasty to wash off.

Kinudin

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I used some of that stuff a while back. It was still on me almost a month and a half later. It really doesn't come off easily.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I think it's kind of like permanent marker in that it doesn't come out of your skin, but rather as your skin flakes off and replaces itself in the natural course of things, the dyed part gets replaced.

-Mike

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Cool... Just gotta make sure you make a pretty picture I guess.... Or you'll have to dodge black lights for a month! It's actually more like a cheaper, black light version of a henna tattoo. Did you enjoy seeing it at home since you didn't get to see it on NYE?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
well, if I would have known it lasted that long I would have gotten some already!!!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Just to let you know...it says that right on the jar and on the packets and on the pen! It is also the reason why it is toxic to use on the skin. It absorbs into the layers and stays on through a couple of flaking cycles.
I've not had illness or anything result from it, so I think it is a more, use in moderation type thing.
The other thing, if you have a sample packet, apply with a q-tip/cotton swap or a small tipped brush. It goes on easier and with cleaner lines, so then you don't have to worry about the design when you go out a week later! Also, it smudges very easily, so let it dry completely before you do anything with that space...and it works in hair really well. I have a funny story about that to share sometime....

It's alot of fun though. I highly recommend it!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
interesting!!

I took a pack to a party a while back and it got thoroughly abused so I wonder if it stayed active for a long time after?

Oh well life is here to be lived

Mark P

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
What I did with it (and it didn't really work out) was I decided to trace out all the veins in my forearms. I know the anatomy somewhat, which helped, but I figured it would just look really cool.

The sponge made the lines way too wide and splotchy, so next time I try this, I am going to use the UV Pen. Yes, I know it's "toxic," but not in the amounts that I'd be applying and I doubt that it is significantly absorbed.

Problem is that nobody uses blacklights at parties around here.

-Mike

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
How does it work on hair? What would happen if I just covered my hair in it, let it dry, then washed it? Presumably that'd last till the hair fell out...

NB - I have black hair... How does it look on this?

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, so on hair it basically gives you "highlights" under UV.

-Mike

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
As a very weird side note, and also a cheaper alternative to body paint, bandaids work!!! I discovered this a while ago when I went to a club that had black lights in the entranceway. A friend of mine pointed at my arm and said "what's that?". There was a patch on my arm that was glowing, it was from a sticky plaster that I had removed only that morning. There had been no visible residue left on my arm

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...