MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I got to play with some LED-based toys a while ago and one thing that I really liked was the way that the LEDs seem to strobe as I spun them, which left a really cool "spotted" effect to the pois.

Do Beamers strobe like this, or is their light more constant?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
the beamers i've played with have all been a constant light effect, but i have seen ones that strobe. poiaholic will know...i used his!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
ahhh, photons..dunno bout beamers with this, but I found a good price on em from another thread, need to order a pair of these soon

heres the link

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Beaming poi(aka death poi)are awesome.If you want a strobing effect just whack yourself in the head with them.You'll see stars. As far as I know they only stay on constantly,no strobe.If you really want to bake your noodle you can try to think of a way to make them that way.They tell of a way to make LED poi in the glossary.They also sell strobing LED lights on other websites.You should check out houseofrave.com.All of them can be attached to some kind of string for spinning.Though personally I've never been fond of the strobing effect.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
if yo can afford these aerotech projects . they now sell poi and meteors.
the meteors so dom tells me are better for wrapping cos the weight is at the bottom end. the poi are weighted at the top still real nice to spin and are a lot thiner.
also a lot of the london spinners use the strobing globalls in little bags on strings.
me i prefer the swinging clubs and are my pride and joy.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
damn still love my beamers though, 2 broken noses later and i still spin them like a nutter.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Man I really want some Aerotech poi.