Carmapictmember
5 posts

Posted:
I have longed for a set of Aerotech LED staffs for ages now yet cannot justify spending so much money on a new toy for myself. I have however come across what might be a cheaper alternative, the Ultima swinging tubes. I've not seen these in action and was wondering if anyone had? How well do they perform, and how would they rate against the Aerotech ones.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hi there! Firstly I just wanna make sure you realise that the tubes are like poi, rather than the staves, yeah? If you're looking for something similar to the aerotech staves, then the electroglow are a great alternative. I've actually used both (not the ultima tubes though) and have to say I prefer the electroglow! The aerotech kept switching themselves off because they thought they weren't in use... Hehehe *boasts* just cos my technique is silky smooth

So, did you want something like staves or poi? We can talk more once I know for sure, cos I don't want to feed you a comparitive report on Electroglow/Aerotech if that's not the info you need!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I really want to see aerotech staves or ultima tubes in action.

do any of the COL videos have them?

Carmapictmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hola Fireflash,
I've found a good alternative to LED Poi by stringing up glow stick and swinging them for as long as they last,(roughly 10hrs) so my main point of interest is staffs or staves as you like to call them. I've not heard of Electroglow but am interested to see some in action. Are they much cheaper than the Aerotech ones? for these retail at about £270 each (for the best colours, which cant be compromised on) Are there any sites which you now of where there is some video of them in action and what sort of price are you looking to pay for a pair?

Carmapictmember
5 posts

Posted:
OOPS I got your name wrong Flash Fire I must explain I have a sieve like a brain!!!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Check out the shop here on HOP Here is the LED page

The electroglows are there - they are no where near as gimmicky as the aerotech, but are MUCH cheaper. I really like them, and have used and seen both aerotech and electroglow in action. Undoubtedly the aerotech are a far better manufactured product; you'd hope so for that price! But they are cumbersome, and too valuable to not keep your eye on them constantly; what a chore if you're at a party!

The only negative comment I have about the electroglows is that they are very light and you really have to push them around to maintain an even flow. They lack momentum of their own. Other than that, they are nice and look good.

[ 06. December 2002, 11:58: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.