AustinBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
I have poi that r wires instead of chains. But as time has passed they seem to be kinking and now its getting quite bad, i mean it dont make much of a difference when im spinning except when im going slow. The main problem isthey tangle with each other really easily, does anyone know how to stop and hopefully reverse theis thing

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Mine are cables too and are kinked. I don't think there is a lot you can do. I haven't used them for quite a while, but am really tempted to cut the cables and replace them with chain.

I don't know how your wicks look, but mine are screwed on. I have thought about cutting the cable, bending it around on itself and crimping the wire together again. See the pic below for an example of what I mean. The chains could then attach to the cable loop, giving me more freedom to shorten the chains for buzzsaws etc.
code:
WWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWW
WWWW+WWWW
WWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWW
WWWW+WWWW
WWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWW
|| ||
|===|
|===|
// \\
// \\
|| ||
\\_//
`~'
"Upside down Miss Jane!"

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Well cable is really really cheap at the hardware store so it's not a big deal to replace it.

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
As far as I can tell there is no reversing the kinking problem, you can try and use two sets of pliers and bend it back into place. You'll find though that after awhile the cableing will start to come unwraped or break. I think cable is just one of those things that gets replaced after awhile. There are tons of old threads, discussing the pros and cons of chain, ball chain, and cable. If your going to have to replace your cableing you might want to research those threads. Also find out whitch is most avalable in your area. Good luck.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Ball Chain.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]