Forums > Technical Discussion > searching for led Poi with changing colors

Login/Join to Participate

Das Spielvolkmember
1 post

Posted:
Hi,

Its getting cold and rainy here in Austria and I am preparing indoor shows for the wintertime. In Thailand I saw someone playing with led light pois. The colors of his poi changed all the time in the rainbow colors. He told me that he bought them in Canada, but I forgot the internetadress.

Can anybody help me to find a shop or an adress where to get those amazing led poi??

Thanx in advance and hallo from Innsbruck

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
haaha I am your man I posted a pic of these before umm lemme go find it.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

466 posts

Posted:
Ok i cannot find it apparently it has been deleted,however yo ucan get them at radio shack or the discovery channel stor,if they do not have these chain stores there try the websites.you should kno wthey do not look like led's when yo ubuy them,they are aboot six inches long and have a translucent cone on the end ,yo ucan easily remove this by taking apart the shell.
WARNING they hurt,and you will need to wrap a small amount of tape around the battery door to keep it from flying off an dhaving to find it .

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Something called Ultima tubes change colours but are ridiculously expensive.

466 posts

Posted:
these are only 10$-16$ each

Endermember
68 posts

Posted:
u can buy one of those "rav'n lights" that change colors and stick them into the end of an emptied glowstick . add tape, turn it on, add a string and there ya go

466 posts

Posted:
yea yo ucould waste 50 bucks. but these are no tjust color changing ,they have a fade option o ra solid color switch or you can use them as one color . they also flash red white and blue , and red and green,they also strobe white.my fav is the "white setting" it turns on all three leds so when yop ulook yo usee white but with the very edges are red blue and green.

Non-Https Image Link

btw you cant see it but there is lanyard hole at the end for your string or chain.

[ 23 September 2002, 08:21: Message edited by: vaperloc ]

Towelflickmember
14 posts

Posted:
hey, yesterday i found these weirdass little stick keyring thingies in Walgreens that flash blue, red and green. they were about $5 each and, if you take out the stick bit, they're pretty good weight for swinging and look utterly cool.

will take a pic if i can.

iainmember
30 posts

Posted:
If you want to see the ultimate ones, check out Aerotech's new stuff. These are the guys who invented the first jugglable ( read repeatedly abusable ) globalls. They now have programmable led props that allow you to choose how and when they flash. 'Course they're absurdly expensive. The only feature I really want is the "change colour on catch" ( pressure ). That would rock for devil sticks and balls.

www.globall.com

Iain

[ 26 September 2002, 20:21: Message edited by: Iain ]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I've got the Aerotech Meteor thiungies. Very lovely! They're my babies.

Anyway, the pic above is of the Sauce Light Wand which you can't seem to get in the UK Very nice they are too! I've played with Cassandra's and they were very nice, unbeatable colour variety. However I'm not sure why you'd remove the translucent cone on the end as that makes the light effect larger. You'll need to tape the thing with stick tape to keep it together but they see to take some abuse.

466 posts

Posted:
I removed the cone because I liked the led's better than the cone,they give better tracers and effect.
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
if your talkin about a micro light, then get a rav'n or a psycholight (www.psycholights.com) also check out rainbow-in-motion hackysacks

[ 08. August 2003, 04:32: Message edited by: Mark1 ]

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
It is possible to get sauce lights in the uk, www.firebox.com still stock them me thinks.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Circus Boymember
9 posts

Posted:
You can buy some cool looking LED lights sticks called traffic lights from: neonhusky.com - only US$8 each.

You can find various single-colour and multicoloured glowsticks and LED light sticks at: glowproducts.com

[ 29. July 2003, 03:45: Message edited by: Circus Boy ]

Warning: may contain nuts

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
Go to a good car shop and buy some of those dust caps that change colour as the wheel of the car goes round, attach them to your poi and there we have it poi which change colour as you spin, i have done this before and it looks very effective.

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Why don't the sell the Ultima tubes in the shop anymore? How expensive were they?