DumbA$$member
3 posts

Posted:
hey hey everyone. heres my question, i have been using meteors for a while now but i havent even tuched them for the past couple of months. all because the helicopter . i bought Rhy Thomas's book but he kinda words it funny.and all the moves after that you need to know the helicopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i need HELP its too a point were its not fun anymore.

P.S. i just ordered a Glowsticking instructional video. is glowsticking as hard as poi,meteor,staff etc?

Im going to hell whose coming with me?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
well, dumbass, i think glowsticking is the same in technique as poi, though nyc would argue they come from diffrent roots

as for the helecoter i have trouble with that myself, i think you gotta keep the hands open, not grasping the chain and push the metior around at the leading side of the centre, if that makes any sence.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
hello, wow like the new Graemlins (how long have I been away, flippin' work!)

OK, Glowsticking, technically isn't anything like Poi (although different terminology can and will cause confusion).

Glowsticking is (I believe) when you have a glowstick (or other bright object) in you hands and move in pretty dance patterns, no strings though so not Poi.

Meteor, helicopter, is pretty similar to doing the same thing with staff, so learn with a staff and try and do the same with your Meteor.

cool, I like these

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Here's a cheat move:
Hold the meteor in the middle and swing it up over your head while you are pivoting around in a a circle. The momentum of your pivoting should stretch the ends out straight. Suddenly stop turning and the meteor will rotate horizontally. Keep it spinning using the standard two-handed staff technique.
Good luck.

Maximus

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
and try not to fall over too!

palmspins work quite well aswell.

I though holding in the hands was liquid? well, kinda. hummmm

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Endermember
68 posts

Posted:
you CAN liquid with glowsticks in your hand but imo it doesn't look that cool seeing as glowsticks are sticks and cant bend.

here are a couple of my definitions:

you glowSTICK with glowsticks in your hands (tracing, tosses, juggling, stalls, etc.)

you glowSTRING like you would with poi. strings connected to sticks etc.

i never knew there was an instructional vid for glowsticking lol. who made it?

DumbA$$member
3 posts

Posted:
ummm.. im not sure what liquiding is. i thought it was the samething as glowsticking(can someone enlighten me?)..
as for who made the video im not sure. i bought it off eBay and should get it in a few days. ill let you know then.

peace

(P.S. thanks for the tips!!!)

Im going to hell whose coming with me?