Forums > Technical Discussion > "Fire Flail's" anyone tryed it?

Login/Join to Participate

Y2k-Hippymember
13 posts

Posted:
Ok Im interested in medi-evil weapons and after picking up Poi very fast Im makeing a set of Poi with a Haft just like a Flail for my first proformance.

Has anyone got any Ideas or suggestions? Is there actually something out there that fits this discription? hay I've only been doing this for a month so I dont know to much about whats out there.

PS this proformance if in 2 days so I wont have too much time for practice... whoops

Hay this is my First Post so please be nice

Tree Bad, Fire Pretty

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey there and welcome!! Don't forget to do the into thingy into the Introductions forum.

Fire flails can look really cool I recommend you do a search within this forum for info (little search button is near "my profile" "register" etc). I just typed "flail" searching any date and it brought up about 12 threads on it.

Best of Luck with your performance and let us know how you go!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Y2k-Hippymember
13 posts

Posted:
Thanks Flash Fire for the welcom
and the serch advice....
I didnt know if anyone had even thought of it.

Damn the proformance is tomorrow and I still havnt practiced with the flails yet..

Oh well fire's my freind so Im not to worried

Tree Bad, Fire Pretty

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dude! (or dudette, i can't tell if you're wearing so much clothing dammit ) I think you would really like to know llumas, he's a NSW'er with a bit taste for 'exotic firetoys'.
mmm exotic....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Y2k-Hippymember
13 posts

Posted:
Hay I just turned up.
Im training with the NSW Uni Circvsoc group and have only turned up to 4 practices and one of those was in the rain and no-one (except me) wanted to practice. So I realy dont know anyone out side of that group and I dont know everyone in that group yet either.

Well the Proformance went well anyway. I only stuffed up the rutine twice and burnt myself twice, well atleast I didnt burn anyone else right. Innocent smiles

Damn Im so... umm Frustrated that I couldnt get the flails made for the proformance. Could you belive that I didnt have the right sized drill bit. Well Im determained to make them tomorrow so I can realy have some fun.

Would you belive I've been asked to practice with them so I can have a Fire Breather standing in front of me between me and the flaming flails. Well this is comming from the same guy that wants me to learn one handed butterly better so I can pull out a smoke and light it (with a lighter not the poi) while still spinning. Well I usually smoke while I practice so why not incorperate it into my proformance. Evil Grinz

Oh yeah Y2k-Hippy Is a guy, umm I mean Im male, well I think I am... wait a sec......... Yep I am I just checked if I had Girl or Guy bits and I got guy bits. Few that was a releif.

Tree Bad, Fire Pretty

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Yay, another circusoc person! I haven't played with them for a while, too busy playing with my own crew The shows they do down at the bar are always great! Welcome aboard!