MYsterfymember
14 posts

Posted:
hey i'm interested in making an electroglo staff,but i think the ones on hop are abit to small,iv'e always liked to twirl longer staffs....anyways i was wondering where abouts in australia can u buy this tubing from...(impact risistant polycarbonate) that is.. or wat else is a good substitute for it...wat about acrylic tubes....anyone know of any places where i could get this from ...would be much appreciated

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
1m is best dude, (personally, I twirl with 1m fire staves )
if you construct a DIY electro-glo staff exceeding 1m, there is a descernable dropoff in illumination at the middle point. This is even more pronounced if you use LED light elements of lower intensity than the ones available ready made.
I have followed down that path, and it's the didgy kind of path that has bad pavement and roadkill strewn about.
plus you need specially relective/refractive material that will eccentuate the light too....

learn from my mistakes! don't run with scissors!
::raises 3 fingered hand::

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I was thinking of doing something similar late last year, however after pricing it, it was just going to be too expensive. I went to a polycarbonate supplier to get some really sturdy stuff, but the diameter of piping that is suitable staves was apparently an irregular one, so they'd have to cast a new dye and I'd have to buy in bulk...

I also looked at electroluminescent wire to put in the staff, but that was hard to come by and (for someone technically disinterested) too hard to power with a small enough battery to put in a staff. Also looked at LED's, but same sorta story - would take more money and knowledge than I had.

Check out this thread, and maybe do a search for Electroluminescence or Glow Staff. From what I recall, a guy in sydney made some as was willing to share his recipes!

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000076

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.