GlowJedimember
13 posts

Posted:
I need help!!! I'm traveling to Jamaica for a week at a resort and I want to spin fire on the beach there. Does anyone know some fuels that I can take, or easily find there????

[ 09 August 2002, 15:31: Message edited by: GlowJedi ]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Since I've never been to Jamaica, I can't really much help, but I'd have thought that since you're staying at a resort, some of the people who work there would be able to point you in the right direction.

On a slightly different note:
Geoff: I've just got back from the Carribean with my wife.
Fred: Jamaica?
Geoff: No, she went without any persuasion.

I might as well apologise now for that incredably bad joke and get it over with

[ 10 August 2002, 13:20: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

The Staff of Ducttapemember
13 posts

Posted:
I don't think you'll be able to take any fuels as airplanes are rather neverous around anything flamable, let alone explosive in their cargo. I am almost 100% positive that in Canada you can't take your fuel onto a plane because of the explosion fear. I think the easiest way to find out if you can pack fuel and what types would be contact the airline. You may be able to mail ahead your own fuel though...

What's the worst that could happen?

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
I sincerely doubt there's any fuel you can take with you. Seems like you should be able to find a flammable liquid there. I would suggest taking anything with a wick as a carry on. That way if a dog alerts on it, your bag doesn't get stuck at the airport your departing from. But on the other hand, what if they don't let the poi on the plane, because they think it's a weapon? Maybe keep the wicks seperate? Good Luck!

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Not to mention the fact that the slight fumes given of by kero and similar fuels is the same as a number of different 'plastic' explosives.

For that matter, be very careful about taking used wicks as well, sometimes they let you through, sometimes they don't...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?