Forums > Technical Discussion > Electroglo Poi & Ravn Lights????

Login/Join to Participate

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Recently I had a friend find a nifty toy at some store..not even sure what store it is. Anyway, it was a mini-flashlight thing that had three LED's inside of it instead of one. Red, green, and Blue..Well when you turn it on, it strobes the three colors really fast. IT has a plastic endthing that screws on to help diffuse the light and make it look more like a wand. Anyway to make a long story short, I broke both plastic endthings and lost one of the lights out of my electroglo and got the idea to just drop the two flashlights in the electroglo's, and it looks AMAZING. They look as big as a 6" glowstick, just as bright, but it strobes between the three colors. Because of the tube and the way it diffuses, teh amount of light that comes off it is bigger than a ravn light, and the damn tube is next to indestructibe, so there's no risk of it breaking. Every now and then one of the buttons get pushed and you have to turn it back on, but nothings perfect.

Has anyone ever tried putting a ravn light or a photon into an electroglo tube???

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

GlowJedimember
13 posts

Posted:
I just recently got my new electro poi and I've taken them apart and rebuilt them to sit my style. I've put rav'n lights in them to achieve a really cool effect. The rav'n lights are the same size as the poi LEDs, so they fit in there almost the same. I have one set at each end of the tube. Works fine last a long time.

--AuRIaN---member
69 posts

Posted:
electroglo poi are so good - well worth the money... except - mine have started flashing off when im using them. really annoying! having to stop mid spin because ones off.
anyone else had this problem? guess its just a loose connection.

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I've had the problem of them switching off just put a bit of tin foil between the baterry and the connection.

I had that idea about the ravn lights the other day I just can't find a shop in the UK that sells them. but I bet it looks excellent

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Sounds good guys

I have a set of electroglo and beaming balls on the way for indoor performances - was thinking about the possibility of making some kind of double set with beaming balls and electroglo if I can

Mark P

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Mark P: My partner Mel has created such a contraption. They look CRAZY. hehe He has his toys configured so he can put two electroglow's end to end to spin, or attach a beaming poi to the electroglow to spin. the more light the better imo...

As for the ravn lights in BOTH ends..wow is all I can say. Mine look off the chain and they only use a flashlight cheapo version of the ravn lights. If I actually HAD ravn lights in BOTH ends, just wow.. That must be crazy looking!!

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
OK this sounds really great, i have rav'n lights and the electroglo poi, but im not getting what you mean, i tried to put the ravn light in the tube, but i really have to push it in, which squashes the battery a bit and makes the light flash red,
GLOWJEDI: can you tell me what you did?
i was trying to put the ravn light in the other end and keep the electroglo light in aswell???
thought maybe one end will be 1 colour and the other end changing colours.
im a bit to scared to be taking it all appart without knowing what im doing.
at the moment im just using the ravn lights attatched to the keychain under the electroglo poi which looks nice aswell.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Nice one CRD I will see the results in about a week

As for the Ravin lights is there a web site where we can purchase these little gems?? I havent seen any here in the UK only the single colour little led torches

Mark P

PoiDragonmember
33 posts

Posted:
i KNOW OF SUCH A SIGHT THAT SELLS THOSE RAV'N LIGHTS!!! TO EVEN THE uK IT'S CALLED www.thinkgeek.com go there under Gadgets then go to lights and lighters they're a little expensive but come with the three unterchangeable effect heads.

The Dragon of The Poi

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
the "heads" you would not need in the case of the electroglo because they have a diffusing film inside it that diffuses the light already. (=
Looks like one big color-changing glowsticks.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys I am off to have a look now

Mark P

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
a clickable link for the www.thinkgeek.com site and

straight to lights & lighters

[ 27 July 2002, 00:38: Message edited by: sub ]

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
are we bored per chance sub??

Mark P

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
how d'ya guess

I'm always bored at work, it's why I usualy spend 8+ hours a day on this site

still on holiday from the 3rd of August spinning away for a whole (hopefully) sun filled week and then back on the friday for a (allegedly) local 3 day outdoor party

but I won't be on here much

perchance Mark, would also happen to be suffering from a bout(sp?) of boredom

[ 27 July 2002, 01:41: Message edited by: sub ]

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
lol - me too lots to do but anything to avoid work

no where did I put those electroglo's??

Mark P

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
hi guys...
the rav'n light on that site has the choice of "strobe" or "ribbon"...which do you all recommend? I'de like to change the look of my electroglo! Also, do they come in a set or do you have to order two separate rav'n lights for poi?

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Hey guys! I posted the solution to your problems here.

Very simple. Very cost effective. Very cool!!! Let me know if any of you decide to go this route.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
I dunno if Bell Tire is available nation wide but I made a make shift toy with these flashing LED lights that orginally designed to be placed on your cars air values. They called Tire Flys Pro theyre Motion actived and I paid 10.00 for a package of two with extra batteries included at Belle Tires
The company that orginally makes them is: Theory3 Inc. PO Box 22023 Lake Buena Vista , FLA 32830 hope this helps add to ideas

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
I have those toys you speak of raverdude they kick muck ass,the only prob is after awhile the chip inside will break and you will have to get new ones.but hey 10$ for a toy that cool is well worth it.i mentioned them on another thread.if it works here is a pic of one of them next to my mouse for size reference.
Non-Https Image Link

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
OK now I want one..where did you get yours vaporloc? Come on whats the skinny?

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY

466 posts

Posted:
although I would like to keep my odds of beng the only one at a party using them up,you seem like nice people.My first set we(me and my mentor)lifted from a discovery channel store(i am poor,no exuse but I really wanted them)the rest i bought at radio shack .thats where i found them for 10$ instead of 30$at the disc. channel store.
they dont look like that in the store ,they have a foggy clear cone like thing on the end.its about 8" overall with the cone 4"with out.
enjoy ,and when people ask you tell em Jonny from Tx told ya.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
hmmm, i got 2 t-shirt gifts i just received to return and exchange at Discovery store, but that's where they're not enough for these toys, huh? have bought some wands which like all others break off their crystals immediately in dance. radio shack carries this too?

like the electropoi from HoP which Bumble in our OrangeFire crew got a coupla weeks ago

will have to see if Discovery has anything i can use as raw materials in something else unexpected... y'all are inspiring, of course (devious too)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

466 posts

Posted:
oooo I almost forgot something VERY important ,unless you enjoy sending aa batteries flying off into a crowd of ravers at high velocities it is imperative that you place a strip of tape around the batt cover.(note the stuff adhearing to the side of mine in the pic from where the tape used to be)I used reflective white tape because even when the lights are off it still shows up. rave safe and i hope i caught you in time.