Forums > Technical Discussion > When to switch from glow sticks to fire!

Login/Join to Participate

Mistymember
1 post

Posted:
Hi, I'm have been raving with glow sticks and practicing very intently. I relaly want to start trying it with fire but I'm not sure when or how to switch. If anyone has advice on this, please clue me in. Thanks.

*~~misty~~*

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
to me a person should be able to spin beaming poi without a problem before switching to fire. the weight difference between glowsticks and fire is alot unless you use about 5-6 glowsticks on each chain. also you can make some chains and spin weighted tennis balls for a while. basically when you dont hit yourself is when you can start fire.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
it is always helpful to have someone else around who knows what they are doing. so tell us all where you are from and maybe one of th epeople on this board can get together with you...

anyone got a light?

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
great idea pozee.

and when you're ready, purchase a pair of fire chains from the shop..

help keep HoP ad free!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Get a pair of fire poi and DON'T light them. Just twirl them until you feel very comfortable with them. THEN light them.

Though finding a veteran is always better.

Sometimes people forget that you can twirl kevlar without lighting it.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Kendermember
33 posts

Posted:
Very good advice NYC. I have a set of wick the same size as the set I burn with just for praticing. Ive found that sense I started practicing with them Im more comfortable when I burn.

-= Kender =-

[ 23 June 2002, 16:39: Message edited by: Kender ]

BurnsBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
that which does not kill me can only make me stronger, Now!

if it's still no good try unlit, really it's all physcological honest it doesn't really hurt....much.

GOOD LUCK

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I was swinging fire chains on my first time at doing poi! literally my mate's Jon and Chris taught me and my mate Justine the butterfly, and the chase, then they got me and her doing firechains! in the same evening!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FlameChildSILVER Member
Pyromantic
136 posts
Location: Norway (Way way up North, on the left side of Swed...

Posted:
You are the only one who can tell when you are ready to spin fire. "Search your heart, and you will find the answer".

Remember that the wicks get heavier, when you soak them in fuel...
That is a question I ponder on.

Shall I just dip the wicks, or really soak them all the way through?

-= I am the god of Hell-fire =-
-= And I bring you......fire =-