Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Ummmm.... I have been practicing firebreathing w/ water during the past few days and will try to hook up w/ a breather for some heat action this weekend. My question is what is the best first time fuel for a novice firebreather

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
just have to point out that any fuel you use is toxic. they all contain heavy metals to various degrees. your mouth is lined with lots of blood vessels so it all soaks in real quick.
but if despite this you still want to breath flames get your hands on something like premium grade firewater. mostly made of food grade fuels (used in cooking) i'm from Oz so the supplier i know is Juggleart in brunswick street who as far as i know make it and will send worldwide.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Firewater??? Would that be the drink made of whiskey, peppers, etc. or am I just being an idiot

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
nah man it's an undercooked name for an overpriced fuel that outperforms.

outhouse.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
oh... I heard that if you mix booze 50% with 50% water the water evaporates as the booze ignites, releasing a vapour cloud of hdrogen in front of your face protecting against blowback. Sounds pretty smart actually, now I wonder if it will work

*walks away lookin' for booze and water*

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
If you want something non-toxic that still works, look for some biodiesel. Its kinda hard to track down, and pretty expensive after you consider the fact that you will probably have to have it shipped to you via ups, but it works great, and its safer than anything else. I say "safer" mind you, not "safe". Still, biodiesel has a higer flashpoint than most other fuels, especially alchohol, so there is less of a chance of blowback. Its not too toxic, either. A 200 lb. man would have to drink over a gallon of this stuff to kill himself. Personally, I don't think you can accidentally swallow a gallon of fuel.

Some say they don't like biodiesel, or that it doesn't work, but I have gotten 20 ft. fireblows with it. Some have even told me that soybean oil or other vegetable oils will work, but I haven't tried them myself. There are less toxic alternatives, so there is really no compelling reason to put lamp oil in you mouth.

peace--

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi