Forums > Technical Discussion > Mail Ordering Staff Materials

Login/Join to Participate

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Ok, this might seem a little odd, but I intend to build myself a firestaff but can't find anywhere near me that sells aluminium tubing - the only tubing I can find is copper pipe but the walls are too thin (I can bend it in half even with my knackered wrist) and I can't even find that at a diameter I want.

Does anyone happen to know somewhere I can mail order aluminium tubing?
Online ordering would be better but I'm not going to hold my breath trying to find anywhere that does that

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

baerie fenmember
76 posts

Posted:
could always stuff a piece of dowel down middle of copper pipe.will make pipe rigid & soak up heat !
i like steel curtain pole from B&Q type places me self
& bolt your wicks on much safer

Forever spiraling upwards towards unknown destiny.Where will it end ? Where did it start ?Why ask so many questions ?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I would open the Yellow Pages up an dlook under "Engineering" and "Aluminium". Call the biggest add as they are more likely to have more staff, and so will be mor ehelpful.

Chances are they won't supply it, but should be able to suggest who will. It shouldn't take more than three phone calls on a weekday to suss it all out.

Be aware, you may need to buy several metres at once, rather than just the amount you want.

Cheers

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?