• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:We don't have any powders to try them out yet but I came up with a cool idea and my friend who is a machinery repairman was able to build it for me.

I took 1/2" x 4" aluminum rod and bored three 1/8" holes lengthwise through it. Next we used a flathead 3/8" flathead drill bit to bore out 1/2" on the bottom of the rod and tapped threads into it which created an unscrewable cap. On the outside of the rod we took a 1/16" drill bit and drilled 4 holes into each of the 1/8" holes. Next we took the kevlar wick and wrapped it around the core we just created and used 3 sheet metal screws to secure it. We welded a small clasp to the top end so we have something to hook to the chains.

Our intentions are to be able to fill each chamber with a different powder which will hopefully create some pretty neat looking flames. I plan on soaking the wicks in kerosene overnight beforehand to give the powder a chance to soak into it's portion of the wick. After the color runs out I can just put more in.

I'll let you know how it goes

Delete Topic

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)

veteran

Total posts: 1325
Posted:Do tell. How did it go Spanky?

Delete