master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I know, I know, tons of sparkly poi threads, we dont need another one, yeah I get it (actually I think I'm gonna get it from the peanut gallery)

anyway, I was down at the store getting some steel wool, and found something really nice. they make these cylinders of steel wool, about the size of a towel wick that seem just right for sparklers. hopefully I can find a safety to burn em tonight and I'll letcha know how they work.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Informative, interesting and original information.

We'll let you live.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
alright, so here's how it went with this type of steel wool:

first burn-kinda weak sparks. it really didn't throw out as many as I'm used to, but I just left it in the form it came as. I usually pull it apart some for more sparks. longer burn time though. probably got a minute fifteen compared to my usual 30 seconds.

second burn-very nice. I pulled it apart as much as I resonably could. tons of sparks. many more then with 3 or 4 small pads. not to much extra burn time than usual, but alot more sparks.

I'm definitely going to go again soon to do more work with these. should have video and pics next time.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
How are you attaching it?

Just curious...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
for these I just used a steel cage I rigged up in about 5 minutes. very similar to the towel wicks but not wrapped around so tight. right now I'm working on designing a reuseable cage to hold about 4 of them.

oh yeah, and these things are called "brillo supreme soap free steel wool balls."