Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
Hi all.
Dose any one know where to get blue l.e.d (ultra brite) beaming poi or do i have to make them myself.
Also dose anyone know if it is poss to use laser diodes in a foam pack ball??? instead on l.e.d.s

fire fire in the sky behind the back........oops now i die ahhhhhahhhhahhhahhhhh!!!!! Its not sick if you love it.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Beaming poi = work of the devil

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
agree's with hand on nose¬¬

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
thanks to malcom you r a nice guy
but to the rest they are not the work of the devil they r the work of god coz blue is the true colour of life lol

fire fire in the sky behind the back........oops now i die ahhhhhahhhhahhhahhhhh!!!!! Its not sick if you love it.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
if they're the work of god then god is a cruel heartless bastard, who promotes sterility in men. *clutches groin and moans in pain* and if you dont agree with me you must not have used them yet. *rubs nose and moans in pain* but they look purty

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I'm making myself a set of LED poi similar to beaming balls, but instead of plastic I'm using street hockey balls. I'm surprised no one has caught on to these things yet! THey're fantastic, tough and thick but about flexy as tennis balls. Also, new ones as are so bright they glow in daylight, and if you put a light source inside they glow uniformly. Everyone who makes poi, get your hands on some of these!

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
ha ha thought of that i'm using glow in the dark hollow polyurathane balls all i need is the info on how to wire up the dam leds????? can some one explain it to me in dumb ass ( coz i is a dumb ass )or draw it out for me????? i'll tell you all how i get on.

oh yes i do know how much poi hurt i was swinging fooked up and hit my eye, 2 burst blood vessels later and a week off work i can just about see again but with a cool red haze.

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
always look at the brite side i guess....

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
i do but it looks a bit red at the moment

884 posts

Posted:
I'd be happy to do up a quick circuit for you, but I'm rather busy right now. But, if you could find out...

-what kind of batteries you want to use
-the voltage and amperage of of the leds you're using (this should be displayed on the led's packaging)
-the number of leds you want to use

...I could get around to drawing it up in a day or so. Just let me know.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by theblackunicorn:
always look at the brite side i guess....
Ha. I get it. Pun intended huh?

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
lol...u know it....lotsa luck on the poi...ill stick with my fire for now..it hurts less than beaming poi do anyway...

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

884 posts

Posted:
Arg. You beat me to it Malcolm.

That's pretty much the same thing I'd have drawn except with the actual numbers you were going to use. Plug your numbers in to Malcolm's and you'll have what I'd have put up.

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
thank you very much i'll do that. oh and i have been told that if i was to part fill it with silicion rubber it will give it a better weight and stop some of the breakages on the inner bits wot do you all think???
worth a go????????

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
thank you very much i'll do that. oh and i have been told that if i was to part fill it with silicion rubber it will give it a better weight and stop some of the breakages on the inner bits wot do you all think???
worth a go????????

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
ok i dont know if any of you have heard of this stuff,i used to use it when i would build remote control boats. it is an injectable impact resistant foam, i used it to injectinto the boats hull incase i crashed into a rockor something it would still float. i dont know how well this would work for a circuit protector, but i do know that it never caused any damage to any of the servos or electrical parts on my boats. you can find it any hobby-shop or even maybe a walmart or sumthin...well good luck!!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem