Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
What are the differences between heads for pure flame set and tube core fire heads? Are either better than the other? Which would be best for a first time fire user? I have a routine I feel very solid in and can do with my eye's closed, so I thought I'd try it with fire. My juggling club here on campus every now and than brings out fire torches and they said if I ever brought whicks I'd be welcome to join in the fire fun:) Plus they have all the safety knowledge and equipment so I thought what better place could there be to learn? I'm guessing cathedral heads wouldn't be a good idea to start with right?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Oops, I answered one question, the pure flame wouldn't work for my chains while the tube core ones are the ones with the chains clasp attachment, right? Ok, so are cathedrals way beyond a novice's capabilities?

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
It looks like any of the wicks in the shop here would work. The "pure flame" wicks apparently need to be hooked up with those eyelet bolts, which strikes me as sub-optimal.

Why do you think you shouldn't start with cathedral wicks? I *always* recommend cathedral wicks, which have simpler construction and longer burn times.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Stevilmember
18 posts

Posted:
Thankz for the advice.
I was thinking about buying another set of poi tomorrow.
Will use your advice to good work!

Thankz

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I always thought cathedral whicks made for bigger flames, hence the name.