MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Since twirling poi is supposed to be good for the upper arms/shoulders, I was thinking of getting some cylindrical (spring balance) weights to attach to the bottom of my chains to play with when I can't be bothered to get my arse down to the gym. Anyone know where (as in, what sort of shop) I might be able to get some of these weights?

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
we just attach bolts to our poi if we want to add weight- a little goes a long way when it's spinning like that. i even have a padded pair of practice wicks with bolts inside.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Jephyre
Have you tried evian.
79p per poi. 1.5kg, make sure you have good soft grips, or will chaff fingers.
Real easy to adjust the weight. Plus its a bit softer that lead weights.
probalbly best to go for still rather than sparkling.

Glass

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
Sparkling with a corked bottle might be more fun than sparkers on a hot day. =) I think I'll try that this summer in the park when it gets to 98F and a couple hundred percent humidity. Thanks for the suggestion, Master Glass!

--dut, lowly amature grinner.

[ 09 April 2002, 08:56: Message edited by: Dut ]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Feeling daft,
then take the lid off first, you're alright as long as you keep spinning. I haven't worked out how to stop yet, which is why i'm typing this with my feet.

eeek
Glass

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I know this post is slightly old but I once saw someone do a windmill with two full glasses of ale. Can't find the video at the moment, but it was pretty nifty.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Someone I know spins glasses full of wine while wearing light clothing as one of their acts, occasionally pausing to take a sip. It's pretty fun to watch.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s