Forums > Technical Discussion > 4inch heads or cathedral wicks?

Login/Join to Participate

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
I'm looking to get some big bad ass flames and was just wondering which would do a better job for me...the 4inch pure flame heads or the cathedral wicks? Anyone have any suggestions?Later laterRonan------------------Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
This is a common topic, so if you do a search you'll probably find a whole wealth of opinions. Start here for a recent similar thread.Happy spinning!

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Ah ha I see the light cheers.

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Make 4" cathedral heads!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
are you talking 4" cathedral wicks? because I will warn you now that they are friggin heavy, burn forever, and soak up an insane amount of fuel (causing massive fuel splatters at the beggining of a spin unless you take a long time to spin out)Here is a solution a friend of mine came up with - he wrapped a couple of 4" diameter by 6" tall coffee cans with two layers of wicking, secured with sheet metal screws. This burns a bit longer than 2" cathedral wicks and doesn't weigh that much more dry. The flames these things put off is huge. See pic (2nd from bottom) at https://spacsun.rice.edu/~henize/fire.html
-v-

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Lol, Love that pic vanize.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
I was meaning 2.5" square and 4" long cathedral wicks.. using the eyebolt screw things from the HoP shop.. 8 foot of wicking on each head!!Tom