Tattymember
3 posts

Posted:
Ive been twirling poi for a few months and really want to start using fire, i was gonna order some off of this site (too lazy to make em), but not sure which ones. I wondered if there are certain ones good for first timers? Or does it all depend on the effect im after? xx tatty xx------------------

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
There's a few other threads about this, so you may want to search to try and find them. It's a common question. Maybe start with this thread.Personally, I like the cathedral wick poi because the general opinion is the flame is a bit bigger and the burn time slightly better. The tube core wicks are also good, a bit cheaper, and you can dip them easier using glass jars (the cathedral tend to be too wide).Happy twirling!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board smileYou might want to do a search about that cause many people here have posted earlier with very acurate information smilePersonnaly I am all for cathedral wicks.Again, do a search and you'll find every answer to your questionshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

4,224 posts

Posted:
ROFL...Dom, we posted at the same time ... in french we say : "great spirits meet" ... smile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Excellent! I think we're both in the same mood today! (I'll reply properly when I'm in a better writing mood). But if in French you say "great spirits meet" how do other French people know what you're saying as that's English? (OK, I'm in a silly mood today, sorry!)Tatty, I'll politely add a welcome as well smile

4,224 posts

Posted:
Dom, you just crack me up smilein French we say "Les grands esprits se rencontrent"shine oncassandra