The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I have seen some discussion lately about people weighing down their glowsticks because they are too light... I couldn't find much on HOW to do it. Any suggestions on how to make them a little heavier?MATT------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
well, some times I use 2 glowsticks at each end. also if you hold glowsticks in your hands, (a stick at each end of the string) you seem to get better control

I smell something burning.

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
usually what i do is use two different color glowstix on each string, seems to get better weight and looks pretty kool with white and blue, or blue and yellow together, but think of your own combos...p.l.u.r.r.xtremravr

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Minoozemember
3 posts

Posted:
I've been using double glowsticks since the day I started. Only tonight have I first taken 2 off. Wow, what a diffrence in style smile------------------OH GOD THAT HURT!!!

OH GOD THAT HURT!!!

FoxFiremember
90 posts

Posted:
If you have practice ends (like tennis balls) stick them on with the glosticks.------------------Deuteronomy 31:6John 15:9

Deuteronomy 31:6
John 15:9
Luke 6:22

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Add more Stix.Oh, no! Not another kitten... rolleyes------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Midnitemember
1 post

Posted:
I like to use small fishing weights with mine, one on either side of the glowstick. It really helps with some of the moves to have a little extra weight, especially if you are using one of those nylon cording or shoestring rigs.------------------Pyromaniac is such a strong word...I prefer "combustionally infatuated" :)

Pyromaniac is such a strong word...I prefer combustionally infatuated :)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I squash a lump of plastacine onto the ends of the glowsticks when I'm about to use them, it's not a great method of making them heavier, but it works well enough for an hour of two of spinning------------------We've got a blind date with destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
i put this recipe down somewhere but i'll mumble it again. for an easy to make practice poi track down some flat inner bicycle tubes. cut them lengthwise in half and wash them, then cut thin flaps on one side. role this up around a piece of twine and secure in place with rubber bands. it should look kind of like a tennis birdie, on either end of the twine attach a key ring. tie string or chain to one end and twirl, on the other end of the keyring attach the glowstick, ribbons, plastic squid, etc.... walla! a nicely weighted rubber poi ball that is cheap and easy to make. smile