Forums > Technical Discussion > New Aerotech Poi (www.globall.com)

Login/Join to Participate

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
WOW!!.. Today seem to end in a spectacular way!Apart from spending the day with Kato, C@ntus, Jo derry, Orange, Tempest to name a but a few known faces from HOP. Tempest happened to bring me some thing new to play with.. The first prototype of aerotech's new 2 color multi programable poi, Dayum never had so much fun in all my life... Photonlights, beaming poi, those new poi on HOP have nothing on these poi but for the price tag expected as like most aerotech merchandise is rather un affordable to most people, unless you can afford to get all the best equipment. If they were for sale i would have gave my cash over right there and then for a pair. But as they are in prototype stages right now they were looking for feed back on them and a new staff both of which will be avaliable some time this year.Programs need some more detailing to say the least, they were responding to change programs on catch and tap etc like most aerotech gadgets do, but these felt some like no other toy on the market today, so very light and ease of spin, would be nice to see the LED's maybe defused a little as they were rather closely packed in there and maybe the end cap should glow like on the staves. They are around 12 inchers or more in length will be availiable in either Red/Orange or Red/Blue and can even be costom made to length and amount of LED's you want put in them as they are all hand made. Robust... dayum I hit them several times messing around with some thread the needle 360's and some other moves that I could do wrong and see what amount of strength and durability they could with stand... seems I did not break them!!. But next time Aerotech can you at least make sure there is a pair of them not just one then I can test them for sure. Feed back from some other spinners was pretty much I like these these are sweet! But thats no in tempests hands to let aerotech know what the general mass of sheffield's poi culture think! I think it was thumbs up all round.. I even think that Jo wants double aerotech staves.. what next JO?.. lol right to round this up:1: damn good weight2: spinns so smooth3: needs work on programs4: Make ends glow too! please grin5: give me some for free cos i deserve some!6: diffuse LED's so they glow better.. 7: make the batteries last longer than they do right now.8: clip on battery pack? that would be sweet. so you can carry spares!9: Tap sensor, needs to be more sensitive!But good work you guys.That will do from me.PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,Thanks, for the feedback PK but if anyone is interested then please mail me directly. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.Liam Tempest

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
one plug of new toy = 10% towards free aerotech poi!that leaves my what 9 more plugs!.. haha hey tempest me and andy both agreed that you looked like chris from www.vain-ego.com haha but we dont know how tall he is, cos you is pretty tall man! maybe twins lost at birth?.. i dunno..PK

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I agree that comparing prototypes at this stage is extremley unfair and very innacurate. The two products are very different and if anyone is thinking of purchasing the electroglow products, I think they are a stunning product especially at that very competitive price, just read the forums for the proof. They are robust, affordable and I love mine dearly.Pk, I understand your enthusiasm and thank you but anyone interested, please keep feedback direct as this is a commercial product and there is no reason Malcolm should pay for Aerotech research. All the appropriate people will be given the details as soon as I can.Liam Tempest

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Actually, thanks PK. I was thinking of buying the swinging clubs and like someone else down in London adding handles to turn them into Poi. But now I'll wait for the Aerotech Poi.Malcolm - fair enough. My opinion - I've bought Electroglo Poi from yourself and I'll buy the Aerotech products as well. They're different products for differenct uses and the price difference is huge! The reason I'll have both is greed, and also mainly that if I take my toys out for the night there's the chance that they may go 'missing' unless I know the organisers and can stash my stuff somewhere safe. To have my Electroglo poi go would annoy the hell out of me, but for £30 I can replace them. If any Aerotech stuff goes missing it's hundreds of pounds frown